Wittmann's Last Ride

Panzerace the turret looks great man alot of goodies in it, keep up the great work man and i cant wait to see it painted awesome. ;D

Panzerman

CHRIS,

Thanx for th Kind Words !!

@ JELLY - I already have Tiger's in th Mud !! IT's a Great Read !! Otto was a Fantastic Ace ! He still lives in Germany & runs a Pharmacy & Loves talkin to Modelers about th Days in th Tigers !! Yes ! I will give th Tiger that Lived in Look .... Candy wrappers every where ... beer bottles ! Toilet Paper rolls !!

@ SCOTT - Mr.Dissolved Putty is made by Gunze , but that's where th similarities end. Remember Mr.Surfacer 500 was designed to be only a Primer. It works for texturing & filling very shallow holes. But Mr. Dissolved is about 3 times thicker & is almost liquid Styrene. You surely don't wanna try Shooting Mr. Dissolved through th Airbrush !

One thing I've found with working with both ... Mr.Surfacer after puttin it in some Ejector Pin Marks will shrink when it dries &resulting in not really filling th hole. Mr.Dissolved does not shrink & when it dries it;s smooth as a Baby's Bottom. It dries relatively fast but it you need to sand down a spot .. depending on how deep you may want to let it dry over night.

I've used both & Mr.Surfacer 500 has it's uses ... but for Me - If I need to fill a gap or seams or Ejector Pin Marks that have any definition .. I'll always turn to Mr.Dissolved. For instance- Take a look at th 1st. Pix of th Shinden Warrior that I posted in th Spring Build D.G. I used Mr. Dissolved to fill those seams that went length wise on His Legs, Arms ... well ... everywhere. It did th Job. At th same time I also was using Mr. Surfacer & I had to go back & fill in th spots with Mr. Dissolved to bring it flush with th surrounding areas.

Just give it a try ! I promise you'll Love it ! Remember it's lacquer based & can be made as thin as you want it & it still retains th same properties as if it wasn't thinned. I've made a wash with it to get it down in to some hard to reach seams & it worked like a champ & flowed exactly where I wanted it to go !!

@ PanzerMan - Thanx for th Kind words !! I'm itchin' to get ot th Paint ... but patience !! I gotta paint th Interior of th Turret , then Drop some stencils on both th Lower Hull & Turret & Then weather all of it !! Then I can Button it up & get to th P.E. goodies on th Outside , Paint it .. & then Weather that !!

Stay Tuned !!!

Thanks for info. PanzerAce. Now I see the value of pre-ordering and not waiting for them to come out lol.

panzerace007 said:
@ JELLY - I already have Tiger's in th Mud !! IT's a Great Read !! Otto was a Fantastic Ace ! He still lives in Germany & runs a Pharmacy & Loves talkin to Modelers about th Days in th Tigers !! Yes ! I will give th Tiger that Lived in Look .... Candy wrappers every where ... beer bottles ! Toilet Paper rolls !!

You´re a monster, Erik ;D, un monstruo, you know ;D

Yeah! You have the clear idea.

;D Erik, Don´t make the same mistakes as me: DO NOT BUY VERLINDEN´S "Panzertruppen Soft Double Sheet Toilettte Paper in 1: 35 " ... Verlinden products LACK painting instructions !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey man, I´m thinking that If you have acces to a good printing machine you can also print some SIGNAL magazine cover and drop it in the floor of the Tiger... I have some of them (jpg pics), but I don´t have any access to a good printer :mad: :mad: :mad: ... these pics just came out of the printer with the quality image of the original "Space Invaders" arcade machine...

See you, Erik! :D

(( pssst: Gona have a cold beer RIGHT NOW!!! ;) ;D ))

RG :)

JELLY,

Stop ... You're makin' me blush :-[ . Yes I agree , Verlinden Instructions could use a bit of Tweaking !

Simple Minds think a like. I was gettin ready to try & print up some Signal Mags & have them thrown around th Tiger .... I might even throw in a MMiR ( MIlitary Miniatures in Review) mag in there for good measure ! lol

Rock-On ..... \m/

( psst .... I'm gonna join ya with a Heineken Beer ! )

That sounds the business Erik!! 8) Toilet paper sounds like a cool one too. Don't forget WWII German pack of smokes.

TRM,

Yes indeed ! Everything. These Guys lived in these Babies ! Personal Articles , things possible picked up along th way - a couple of Stowed Bottles of Beir ! Maybe even a Couple of Pin-Up Girls !! These Guys might have been all Business .... But They were Human too , & It doesn't seen like Wittmann was that much of a Hard Azz !

Well I ordered some of that Mr. Dissolver !!! From Lucky Model Hong Kong.... Dirt cheap!

So I'll be able to say in 15 days if it DOES the same Magic for me as it does for you....

I haven't used Mr. Surfacer for Ejector pin Holes or Marks for some time... as you mentioned... it shrinks and leaves a dimple, so you have to add more and more.... and well... might as well put in some PUTTY the first time and move on ! If that Dissolver works as good as you say ... It will extend the life of my Mr. Surfacer and my Tamiya Putty for more appropriate situations...

I can't wait to try it... you make it sound like a magical cure !!! very intriguing

Thanks Erik !

and Cheers ! (Beer Bottles 'clank' sound )

SCHWEINHUND,

Well I really hope it works for you & you like the results & I hope it doesn't blow up in My face ;D . I use it th way I've described & I really truly Dig it. Like you mentioned 1 pit fall I seemed to have ( no pun intended) was that when th Mr.Surfacer dried it "fell" ( shrank) & I did have to keep adding to it.

I tell ya what Bro. - If you get it & don't like it ..Let Me know. I'll gladly take it off your hands, But I'm guessing that you'll Love it !! Also If you have any Questions about it just let Me know. I'll also head over to th 'rents house tomorrow & Nab th Video Camera & shoot a Demo. It'll take a couple of days so that th Putty can set up , but You'll see th technique that I use & It works for Me .

Hey Erik this thread is Kooking!!! ;D

Love what your doing to the ride and looking forward to checking it in more detail.

Outstanding stuff!!! ;D ;D

Hey ERIC,

Thanx for th kind words. I'll bring it to th meeting .... It's almost time for another update too. I just threw some Elfinbein on th inside of th Turret & now it's time to Decal th Interior with stencils & weather it !!! All of that should be done for th next AMPSCV meeting - I'll bring it & you can scope it out !!

Stay Tuned \m/ - headbanger emocon would go here .... ;D

hey panzer saw this in military modelcraft international and taught of you ;D
hi-PI000000150264.jpg

you can get him on luckymodel, looks pretty cool dont he ;D

Hey Spud,

Thanx for thinking of Me , but I just got in the Mail the New Alpine Miniatures Michael Wittmann figure !

Thanx again !!

Sorry Erik for just now showing up but I took the wife out possum huntin the other night and she didn't come in when I called her up. I've been out in the bottoms lookin for her without any luck,she'll come home when she gets hungry so not to worry.

Hey man your rig is going to be killer I can see it right off.
Tony lee

Hey XXX ,

I need to pick out th details in th Turret & decal some stencils & slight weather. Then onto th Outside !! Stay Tuned !!! Thanx for th Video !!

Latest posts

Back