Wittmann's Last Ride

Hey Panzerace

The big kat is looking sweeeet!!! looks great man keep up the great work man. awesome!!! ;D

Panzerman75

Q & Panzerman,

Thanx for th kind words !! I'm in th Turret lookin around ..... seams everywhere !! The main Gun is a nightmare ! Poor Job on Dragon's part ... but that's what Mr.Dissolved Putty is for !!

:) Erik,

;D I think you´re set in "Hiper-Warp Modelling Speed Mode", boy. Watching at you I think I´m a crippled turtle. I need two and half days to paint a hand shovel, and that with the previous advising of Werner Von Braun. ;D

Nice, nice, & nice cat. :)

Love that color that you name "ElfinBein" / "Elfinssein" or so :)

Go on! ;)
RG

The interior is coming along sweet Erik ;D.....That tranny is gonna pop out real nice with a few washes, very tidy paintwork on the radio too ;) Keep it coming fella.!

Chris,

@JELLY,

Thanx for th kind words !! In spite of your nickname for Me ... lol I don't feel like I'm that fast a modeler.... But Thank You !

The Interior color IS Elfinbein - It translates to Ivory. That's th Interior color that th German's used for th Turret, & part of the Lower Hull.

Here is an explanation - http://byrden.com/panzers/Colours/ - David Byrden has recently uncovered some Great Research & His research on th Tiger I in particular is Awesome !!

@ CHRIS - Thanx for th kind words Bro !! Yes ! I'm really lookin forward to weathering th inside of this Panzer !! ;)

Ah-ight .. We'll make this one Short & SoooWeet !! I've finished up most of th Turret. I still need to add some bits to the Roof & I also still might add some stuff to th sidewalls of the turret as it looks a tad bit sparse !

DSC08281.jpg
From this view you can see there are a fare amount of Ejector Pin Marks that were taken care of with some Mr. Dissolved Putty. I also took some Evergreen strip & added the Holder for the M.P. 40 on th rear wall

DSC08282.jpg
On the Loader's side wall I've added a Stowage Bin made from EverGreen sheet stock .... Just another place to put more Stuff !

DSC08283.jpg
From this view I've added a handle from EverGreen rod on the Commander's Manuel Turret traverse Wheel , I also did the same for the Gunner's Traverse wheel .

DSC08284.jpg
The Great Equalizer !! not too much to look at here , 'cept I added some Foil from a Klondike Bar wrapper - Heath Toffee ( as it's th only flavor that has texture on th wrapper) when you peel th Wax paper liner from th wrapper , the foil is less than a 1/16" ! I did this for 2 reasons. 1) the "canvas" lacked any real texture & 2) there were 4 Ejector Pin Marks in each corner of the Spent Shell basket that were hard to get to , to clean up.

DSC08285.jpg

DSC08286.jpg

That's all for now ... I might get to finish th Roof tonight & post some pix ... In th mean time Wittmann's Crew & I are gonna hit th Pub !!!

ZZ TOP [ BEER DRINKERS & HELL RAISERS ] LIVE IN GERMANY.

Great update Erik! Fair amount of resin there....looks K-ooool!!! Nice bit on the basket too! Carry on Sir!!! ;)

oh thats nice brings back memorys of my first tank kit i did with my brother as it had an interior.

spud said:
oh thats nice brings back memorys of my first tank kit i did with my brother as it had an interior.

Spud - Are you referring to th Academy Tiger Kit ? That's a Cool Kit & I'm actually gonna have to NIck some parts from that kit to round out th Turret Interior . Also - Thanx for th Kind Words !!

TRM & Q ,

Thanx for th Kind words !! CHEERS !!

Well .... I didn't get to th Roof tonight ! There's always tomorrow !! I was actually asked by a Friend of mine over on Modeler's Alliance - If I had forgotten th Breech Block - Well Come to find out ... I didn't forget it , but Dragon forgot to include it in th Kit & It didn;'t even occur to Me, until He brought it up .. So, I'll have to get some Evergreen strip & scratch a Breech Block ! I'll get to post some more Tomorrow !!

Do you if I can still find a Whittman Tiger? I looked on Ebay and a guy was selling one for 250 bucks and I can't justify that amount lol.

Aaron,

Those things sold like Hot Cakes ..even in th Pre-Sale stage. It was Sold Out before it was even available.
But .. Don't despair. Cyberhobby/Dragon has another Kit - the Tiger I Mid Command - http://store.spruebrothers.com/135-cyber-hobby-sdkfz181-tiger-i-ausf-e-mid-production-command-version-6660-p25920.aspx - From Sprue Brothers - It's essentially th Same Kit Minus th 007 decals.

- http://dragonusaonline.com/item_detail.aspx?ItemCode=CHC6660 - Dragon Online USA still has a few left.

Or you could just keep your Eyes & Ears to th Ground & maybe you can catch one somewhere . There are a few other Kits out there that would allow you to build Wittmann's Last Tiger - Now it'll take some work but not too much . Although You're best bet is to get one of those Cyberhobby/Dragon Mid kits - Unless you really Want that Wittmann Kit. Some of the Older Kits - The AFV Wittmann kit isn't really that accurate as a Mid/Late Tiger, some of th Tamiya ones, while are a Great Price, need a little T.L.C. , but aren't terrible kits .... Check this site out - There is a list of Kits

- http://tiger1.info/kits.html

Mighty Fine Work Their Brother!!! Is There Ever Gonna Be A New ZZ Top Album? Last I Heard They Were Working With Rick Rubin In The Studio.

i have no idea Panzer it was so long ago i just remember it being at teh end of my bed on my birthday and an interior and thats all i remember ;D

Wow! Erik.... Superb work on the interior.... Tri shade hull is spot on... Too bad most will be covered by floor plates.... The turret basket is pretty cramped up... All that resin is pretty wicked!

What is that Mr. Dissolver putty you are talking about? And what can you do with it?

Later buddy!

schweinhund227 said:
Wow! Erik.... Superb work on the interior.... Tri shade hull is spot on... Too bad most will be covered by floor plates.... The turret basket is pretty cramped up... All that resin is pretty wicked!

What is that Mr. Dissolver putty you are talking about? And what can you do with it?

Later buddy!

Thanx for th Kind words SCHWEINHUND - There are no Floor plate in this Build & Really ... in the real Vehicle there's not much on th Lower Hull. The Turret Basket & then some are is th only Floor up there. I'll have all of th Hatches open , so you will see some of this Stuff .... & The Judges & Their Pin LIghts will see more ! ;D

Let Me Introduce you to Mr. Dissolved Putty - from Gunze Sanyo ! It's not something you would wanna use to fill Huge Gaps, but as a Seam Filler & to fill Ej. pin marks - It's th best stuff I've ever used !!

It's lacquer based - so you can thin it with ...well ... lacquer - to th point where I've even used it in a semi-wash state to get down in to cracks & fill them. Take a look at th picture of the Main Gun. Look down by the Muzzle Brake. See th white lines around th end - filled with Mr.Dissolved. Also !!!! When it Dries - It's super Smooth & You rarely , if ever need to sand it , depending on how much you put down, but If you do need to sand it you should wait at least 24 hours for it to Harden !! It's 100 times better than th Vallejo Liquid Putty - It's Lacquer based so it dries Harder. It's also Great to use as Weld Beads ! I've used a 10/0 brush before. Laid down a Line where I wanted a Weld Bead ... give it 5-10 minutes to "skin over" then take th backside of your #11 X-acto blade & gently push into it making it look like Weld Beads !

When I can get th Video Cam from the Wife's parents I'll shoot some Video on the Uses of Mr.Dissolved Putty !!

- http://store.spruebrothers.com/gunze-sangyo-mr-dissolved-putty-p119-p441.aspx

CHEERS Bro !!

That turret is looking very busy :eek:, nice bit of tidy work there Erik . Handy tip with the toffee wraper too ;D....Keep it up buddy .

Chris.

Hola, Erik :)

You´re at Full Speed! You caný deny it !!! ;D

That turret interior is great, mate, I´m waiting to see it painted: it must be awesome (as all the work that you´re having in progress, lad)...

Curiously I´m reading now "Tigers in the mud", written by the former Panzer Ace Otto Carius, he talks a lot and with full precission about the Tiger-I... those boys literally LIVED inside the panzer... I strongly recommend you that reading... that Tiger-I are a truly technical legend... :eek: :eek:

Vamos, vamos, adelante, Erik. 8) NACH VORNE ! 8)

When will you delight us with some youtube melody from the VILLAGE PEOPLE boys ???? is it a matter of time???? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

See you, boy!
Cheers
RG

Latest posts

Back