Guillow's P-47D-40

Hey that looks pretty cool. It reminds me of the'90s when I used to build radio controlled airplanes. Back then everything was kits and nitro engines. I just thought it was great getting a box full of balsa wood and making it look like a plane. Here's a picture of my 1.20 stick. That's what I do when I'm not building models. And yes. I built this from a kit

20240502_141840.jpg

20240502_141754.jpg

hello fellers! appreciate the welcome, urumomo. The Stick is an aerobatic wonder - Rob, yours looks to have been flown, and landed properly.

I've built up a few of these display models, this is the most recent. The actual P-47C and D is a favorite of mine in all variants.

Here's the Dumas Air Express - another favorite, this time from Lockheed
YZOm2GC.jpg

That's a nice looking plane. I am also fairly new into this modeling. It's a lot different now. There is so much cool stuff out to buy. I've been looking at all the models you guys have built and all the detailing you guys have done on everything and I try and mess it all up. And then I light bulb goes off and I buy some fine detail brushes. You guys just might have some competition here. Might take a few years before I can catch up though. I see some mighty fine work out there.

I started building when I was about 10yo - built whatever I could get my hands on for about 2 or 3 years. All plastic kits, cars, planes, armor, didn't matter to me other than I preferred aviation subjects. Then many years later, after my son was born I thought it might be fun to get back into it - hang a couple planes in his room maybe see if he'd take an interest in the hobby - or in aviation as a life course.
How many P-51's do you figure you've built from the first to the most recent? I've lost count..
Revell, Hasegawa, Tamiya, Monogram before the merger, Airfix, Matchbox...Trumpeter, Hobby Boss. Those newer large scale plastic kits are PRICEY right?
So I built off and on over the years since the 1990's. Then about 5 years ago or so I came across a forum where a guy was building these balsa kits using this infilled method - since then it's all I want to do.

Latest posts

Back