Wittmanns Last Tiger

ModelFreak72

Hey everyone thought I would share my latest build. I just finished the camo today. I'm using Life Color paints on the tiger, it's my first time using them. I gotta say it's pretty good paint, takes a little getting use to but I like it. Let me know what you think so far.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks panzerace! I wasn't sure I was going to like the red brown, it looked awful dark in the bottle, but after spraying it, I liked it. Although I'm still not sure about the olive green looks too close to a faded olive drab.

Next up is tools, chipping, and tracks!

Ya cant beat a nice Tiger ;D...Looking good Freak ,I look forward to the finish .

Chris,

its my fav tank of all time. cant wait to see this one finished it looks nice

I use LifeColors a lot and you're right about getting use to it. ;D

Camo looks great
Tony lee

Simply Superb, ModelFreak ... what to say!

The camo SCHEME is really classy,

and the color match is excellent, one of my favourites (if not the most) for the T.-I

Some day I must put my hands over Life Color, their Sets look really great.

Cheers, ModelFreak :D
RG

FREAK ,

One thing you could try on both th camo colors ... *Drybrush th Base color ..... You'd be surprised how much it'll PoP ! Nothing heavy ... just enough to give a lil wear .... perhaps heavier on th most traveled areas. Then hit with a nice Umber wash !!! Bangin !! Simply Bangin !!

( IIHO) * Drybrushing is a lost art ... It really adds so much.

Dry brushing is awsome i love doing it it realy makes the details stand out

( IIHO) * Drybrushing is a lost art ... It really adds so much.

I agree Eric and spud.

Drybrushing has its adavantages and is another Technique every modeler should learn.

Hey guys I was thinking about drybrushing, but mostly on the edges of the tank. Panzerace I see what you mean on the camo colors, what do you think about base color? Would like hear from everyone on this, I was thinking the sponge chipping tech using both oxide red to show primer wear and black-brown to show metal wear. Let me know what you think.

Dry brushing is a great technique when used sparingly, (like any other technique) but when over done looks very fake and unnatural IMO. I saw a few models this past weekend at a show that were so heavily 'bleached' by over dry-brushing and it just looks... meh.

Personally, I find filters in the base color much better at toning down camo colors and softening them into one cohesive surface but that is yet, just another opinion for you to consider.

Thanks madman! I have scene and read about using filters, they really do add a realistic look. I just don't courage yet!

Latest posts

Back