Wittmann's Last Ride

Sorry ,cant help ya fella ,Im from the Emerald isle myself ???

Chris.

The Outer Banks, North Carolina Beaches, USA.

Its kinda' like a string of land just off the coast.

spud said:
Chris would that be that so called rock we call ireland :p

(((lol))) yeah buddy ,Im in the North about 20 miles south of the big smoke ;D

Chris.

lol thats about 700miles from me then im in cork.

man this topic has gone way off lol,

hijack.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NO Worriezz, I'll get th Thread back on track tomorrow when I can post some Pix of th Beloved Wittmann Tiger !! ;D

Looking forward to an update "E". I sure this will be another great build for you. Thanks for sharing!

Frank Blanton

There will be an Update later Today ... I've dragged th Tiger into th paint Booth overhere @ th panzer Shoppe - laying down th colors on th Loer Hull Interior , then Picking out th details !!

Thanx for th Kind words Frank !! I'll see You at th AMPS meeting tonight !!

Stay tuned !!

panzerace007 said:
There will be an Update later Today ... I've dragged th Tiger into th paint Booth overhere @ th panzer Shoppe - laying down th colors on th Loer Hull Interior , then Picking out th details !!

Thanx for th Kind words Frank !! I'll see You at th AMPS meeting tonight !!

Stay tuned !!

;D
Come on buddy, put those photos in the MW Oven right now!!! We´re hungry !!! ;D ;D

JELLY ,

Ask & you shall receive !! Here's just another shorty update ! I've painted th Lower Hull . According to My research the Floors from th Spring of '44 onward were Oxide Red, the Side walls up to the Sponsons were the Grey Green & above that was Elfinbein ..... I pulled th tranny out to have access to painting th Instrument Panel & the 3 radio's - FuG 2 ( top left), FuG 5(top right) & UKw.E.e. receiver for the FuG 5( bottom left) . The Power Transformers are located behind the seat of the R.O. & in the Rack just behind him below th sponsons. They'll be wired up when th Tranny is in place for good. There's still just a bit of touch up left to do but I wanted to get these Pix up ! ;D

DSC08272.jpg

DSC08271.jpg
Here you can see the Power Transformers. Crews were left up to Their own on how to situate these.So, My crew used some EverGreen Angle & sheet styrene to make Their Rack ! ;D These will sit very tightly to the Bulk head - once that is in place. In th top picture you can see the supports for the Tranny made from EverGreen (2mmx4mm) strip. You can also see the Ammo bags for the Bow M.G. They are painted in Vallejo Canvas & the straps are Leather Brown & Black for the Caps. There are also 3 "racks" for the Ammo Boxes that will go there . These were made from EverGreen channel.

DSC08280.jpg
Here's a lil' better shot of the Rack & the Power Transformers

DSC08278.jpg

DSC08277.jpg
This is where We are at with th Tranny dry fitted into place. Yes indeed ... She's Tight !

DSC08276.jpg
A close-up of the Radio set. I'll get back in there & tidy up a bit. I put a lil' Future in th white areas to simulate the Glass for the Meter. The Smaller box hanging on the left side of the Rack is actually the Intercom Relay Box that will connect every one in th Tiger. Two leads come out of the top & go to the R.O. & Driver & the 2 connections on the bottom wind Their way up to th Turret that will connect to another Intercom Box up there for the Commander , Loader & Gunner.

DSC08275.jpg
Here's a close-up of the Driver's side. You can see th Instrument panel & the Steering Wheel, which , IIRC is the only Panzer to have an actual steering Wheel !

The colors I used for the Interior :
Oxide Red - Poly-S railroad colors - Oxide Red
Grey Green - Tamiya RLM Grey (XF-22)
ElfinBein - Tamiya Buff (XF-57 ) + Tamiya White (XF-2)

That'll do it for now .. I've started on th Turret & will add all of those Goodies & post soon !! Then ... It's on to th Exterior !!!

Ah !!!! Let's go on a Pub Crawl ! CHEERS !!!

gimme shelter " the rolling stones live texas 1972

Great update Erik! FIT IT IN THERE!!! Looks tight!!! ;D Keep those fires lit Brotha'!!! ;)

Looking Mighty Fine!!! Great Update And Some Stones To? Who Could Ask For More?

Latest posts

Back