Wittmann's Last Ride

Waiting to see WIP pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice idea with the vids Erik, but I don't have much time to sit at the pc and watch vids. Could you post some pics to make it quicker and easier ....Pleeeeeeease ;D

Rob

Panzer, Outstanding work on the Tiger tank!!! Thanks for the making the videos. What brand of laquer thinner do you use to thin Mr. Surfacer 500? I know they make a Mr color laquer thinner but can you use klean strip laquer thinner?

@ SCRATCHMOD, Sho-Nuff Bud. I was just throwing together these Vids to show some of th guys th difference between th Mr. Surfacer 500 & Mr. Dissolved !

@TANKER52 , - Thanx for th kind words. I use the ordinary Lacquer Thinner that can be found at th Home Improvement Stores. Make sure that you get th regular kind. They make 2 different types- Th environmentally Friendly Fast Evaporating kind - NOT , or th Old School kind - YES ! I also use th same kind to thin Mr.Dissolved Putty & on occasion Tamiya Paint !

W.I.P. pix are forthcoming ... life kinda got in th way for a second ! Hopefully I can get some up tomorrow !!

Pix !!! I did say Pix for your Easy Viewing Pleasure !! ;D

PpP ,

Yes Sire .... I went outta town for a long Week-End . I was able to get some done on th Tiger mostly painted th interior of th Turret .... I'll post some Tomorrow .... Good Lord willin' and th Creek don't rise !

panzerace007 said:
.... I went outta town for a long Week-End . ....

;D

Yeah, I was thinkin´"where the hell has gone this guy..." ;D ;D ;D ;D

C´mon Eric, you´re getting late with your homework, buddy !! we need (request ;D ) "graphic advances" ;D ;D ;D ;D ... We´re just "The Dictatorship of the Proletariat :-X Modelling" or so...

Salud, Eric ;)
RG

TUT !! Thought there was some pics then ::)

Chris.

Hey Panzerace

The tiger is looking sweet, can't wait to see the paint and weathering! I was wondering, the 007 on Wittmanns tank, was it all white or yellow with white outline? I started my Wittmann tiger after Irene came to town and I am close to putting paint on. I hope I didn't open a can of worms with the question. Again the Tiger is looking great.

Modelfreak72

Hey Freak ,

From all th Intel I've been able to read through ... Each Kompanie had a specific Color for Their numbers. The Stabs. Kompanie ( Command) had a color set that didn't match Their own Kompanie ... Pix from 009 show that there was at least a two Tone Turret Number on th side of th Turret & ... & the Numbers were off set upwardly to th right ( No known Reason) & appear to have been Yellow with White Out line. One common link between All of the Tigers in th Corps. .... Solid colored Numbers on th rear of the Turret Bin. a general consensus is that They were white on Wittmann's Tiger . .... again there are pix of th Other Tigers in Other Kompanies 2nd , 3rd. Th colors on th Turret Bin ranged from , possibly Red, Dark Green , or Black . While again the Stabs. Ko. had a different color from Their own Kompanie . Now .... also there are pix out there that Totally contradict some of these believed German Directives. ;D

So ... to answer your Question. I'll be going with Yellow w/ White ouline numbers on th Turret sides & an All White number on th rear of th bin . I'm not sure if I'm gonna use th kit Decals or try & track down a Stencil for these ..... being on th Zimm * - at least for th sides !

Hey Panzerace

Thankyou for the information, I tried looking on a bunch of websites but the only thing I found that showed his 007 tank was the picture of his tank with the turret blown off. I'm going to use the decals from the kit, I like the how dragons decals are performing as of late. Looks like I'll wait for the moment of truth to decide which numbers to use. I'm going to post some of my tanks and aircraft in the next day or so. Again thanks for the info.

FREAK,

The pic that you've seen is the only known picture of Tiger 007. It was in the "yard" of the Stabs. Ko. when Wittmann got word that a Young "Green" Kommander (of 1st. Ko.) was venturing out , upon hearing the News , Wittmann decided to catch up t him & give th Rookie a hand , because He knew He was heading into a "Hot" sector !

007 was not his normal mount & He actually loathed Command Tanks , as They had reduced storage for Ammo . 007 , from what I've recently read, was actually the Mount from a recently KIA Kommander .

Hi Eric,

Nice build and nice videos you made. I was working with the Mr. Dissolved putty last night for the first time. Had a pretty good buzz going.
::)
Can’t wait to see more of this build. One can really get hooked into the history behind this.

Big-John

Here's just a short update. I've painted th Turret in Elfinbein ( Tamiya Buff + White ) , The Stencils are from Verlinden. I picked the equipment out with Vallejo Field Grey & Black. The Vision Blocks were given the usual treatment of Model Master Chrome on the lens followed by Tamiya's Clear Green. I abused the interior with Vallejo German Camo Black/Brown for chips & wear & washed Her in AK Interactive's Grime for Dark Yellow Vehicles. I still need to add some Personal Storage . at that time I'll get some close ups of the Stencils before I button Up 007 !!

DSC08385.jpg

DSC08386.jpg

DSC08387.jpg

The Tranny was also given the same weathering treatment. After it is set in place , the Radios will be wired to Their Power supply behind th R.O.

DSC08391.jpg

DSC08393.jpg

DSC08394.jpg

The Lower Hull also received the same weathering treatment . I added some X-Tra Grime in th Floor to "Grease" Heer up !
DSC08395.jpg

DSC08396.jpg

DSC08397.jpg
Even though you won't be able to see much of this area, I did add some "Sludge" on & around the Fuel Tanks !

Well ..... that's about it for now .... I've started work on th Upper Hull & the next Update will be a little Bigger. Ah-ight ...... Pub Time !!! ;D

Kiss Madison Square Garden 1977 - Let Me Go Rock 'N Roll

Well worth the wait Erik!!!!! Outstanding Dude!!!! Rock on!!!!

BTW....Cool vid on the tank farm!!! Thanks for posting!!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back