Wittmann's Last Ride

Hey Guys ,

Thanx for the kind words !! Much appreciated !!

@TRM - I'm glad you liked th Tank Farm ! I have some more footage I'll be putting together . I did some short Interviews with some of th re enactors.

Sweet, I be looking out for it! My dad just asked me the other day to go to one similar next month, up this way....thinking I need to make the time now!! ;D

;D ;D

Hey, Eric, :D :D how are you going, my friend ? ? ? ;)

When (do you say that) are you going to send me this finished model as a special gift to a bosom buddy like me ? ? ? ;D ;D ;D When??? ;D Talk louder, boy, I can´t hear ya ! ;D

Go on, boy, this stew is getting solid!
Cheers, Eric ;)
RG

cracking thats looks quality the detail any the wear and tear on the turret is....................wow

give us some more to drool over panzer!!!!!!!!!!!

john

Man !!! That interior is looking sweet fella :eek: Nice job on the tranny & radios ,looking forward to it all coming together .....dont be too long now ;)

Chris.

Thanx for th kind words Guys !! I'm tryin' to keep this train a Rollin !! I'm painting some storage tonight in th Panzer Shoppe ... so soon th Interior will be 100% !

@TRM - Yeah Dude !!! Take that trip A.S.A.P. ! Gotta get up close & smell th Grease !! ;D

@ SPUD- I'm glad you dig it ! .... stand By ... It gets better !!

@ JELLY - Saludos ! I'm doin' Good Bro !! Well .... I couldn't actually send it until I geet Her finished ... but She will be part of a Diorama ... So .. We'll see !! ;D Can ya' hear Me now .... ;)

Yeah JELLY .... I just gave th Stew another whirl with th Spoon ... She's gettin' there !!

@ Q \m/ Thanx !!

@ CHRIS - Hey Bud ! I hope Euro treated you right ! Thanx for th kind words ! I'll have Her wired for sound shortly !! If I can get some serious Bench time in I can get Her dropped in this Week-end !!

It's all this lil' storage ... This Tiger needs a Maid ! ;)

Brother that 007 is the SHIZ-NIZ...I mean the SHIZ 8)

I can't wait to check it next week...your going to be there right??

See you then...from one Eric to another :D

Yes a wittmann build !!! :)

this subject has always been a scource of great interest to me ever scine i heard of villers bocage when i was young, great build, very nice interior and cracking detail

looking forward for more

shane

Hey Guys !

Again ... Much appreciated with th kind words !! I'm glad every one's Diggin' it !!

@FUMBLE - Thanx Bro ! Actually this radio set is all Resin. No P.E. here & I'm almost glad & all hand painted ! Although th Head-phones are P.E. & Resin & th Throat Mics are all P.E. ( Verlinden's Tiger Detail set #1177) ....

@ E - Shooo ..... Thanx Dogg !! Oh , The AMPSCV meeting is tonight :eek: .... I hope you went. I have an Auto CAD class every Thurs. Night, so I can't make it unless I can skate outta class early ... Not tonight. ... Hopefully next Month, My luck, Mid-Term's will be that night ! .... But We might get out early for that one ... Finger's Crossed !!

@LONGLANCE - Welcome to th HERD ! Thanx for th kind words. .... speaking of Wittmann ... this particular part of His story I find really interesting . I've recently brushed up on it ... & what a shame. Here He is going out to Help a Green Horn ( New Commander, that had never seen Combat, let along Commanded a Tiger Kompanie :eek: ) & gets caught in an Ambush. There ya' go .. That's what you get when you try to help people ! There were so many times He could've avoided it. Hind sight is 20/20 I guess !! From what I've read it seems like Wittmann was a Great Commander to serve under. He wasn't harsh .. but fair ! Gave Credit where credit was due . He was well liked by th whole of the 101st. Liebstandarte !

@ BIG-JOHN - Thanx for th kind words .... I think if I wanna get any Good Head Bangin music, I'll need to extend th Stabs Antenna !! ;D - Great Tune BTW !!

MetallicA - Blitzkrieg

Panzerace.

I never knew that part of the ambush, thats very sticking in one sense, to get killed trying to help new officers, from i read about that final ambush. It was also due to his tactic of the "the tiger charge" that also got him killed. On the eastren front Wittmann found it more effective to take on the enemy head on uisng the tiger's frontal armor to absorb hits, this worked well in head to head actions. But in another way it made the tank vunerable to ambush as the nature of the charge would limit his situational awareness........wow i kinda droned there sorry lol ;)

shane

@SHANE ,

It's cool .... Drone on !! I Dig th History of it all !! Th Day Wittmann got killed was the start of the Allied break out - Operation Totalize . Also a sad note - Kurt "Panzer" Meyer had recon'd the area & knew th Ambush was set up , but could not get into contact with Wittmann . Wittmann had told everyone in a conference that evening before, not to go out. Green Horn disobeyed & went out any way th next morning. Wittmann & a few other Guys - 008 , 009 went out to get him & reign him in ... Then All Hell broke loose !

@NONAME - Thanx for th kind words !!

Latest posts

Back