Show us your mancave(s)!

Spud & Chris, it's a pretty good set-up. Lots of desk space. However my wife complains that my hobby is slowly taking over the family room. ;D I guess the kids will just have to sit closer to the TV to play x-Box.

fumblethumbs said:
Yeah, nice diggs Jas! I see some sci-fi there...Here I thought you were strictly an airplane guy ;)

Nope, started out as a Sci-fi geek. Found this site through Starship modeller actually. I've a B5 Starfury that I'm itching to crack open and start. But as time goes on I observe some wicked talent here, and I think I'd like to try a tank or two, maybe a nice sports car, or after what I've seen of TRMs ship build - a ship would rock!

Guess now I'm just a modeller that happens to be building planes right now. :)

Grendels said:
Did I spy an old Estes Rocket hanging from the ceiling?

I've got two hanging from the ceiling; a swing wing glider and a Blackbird.

The newest addition to my man cave: a Paasche HSSB-22-16 spray booth. I mounted a 12" fluorescent fixture inside. Works like a charm. My man cave is a bit 'cave-ier' than I'd prefer...old house, lots of crumbling mortar in the basement there. My next house will have a finished basement ;D

Mancave1.jpg

Great booth. I lined mine with a desk calender and heavy brown paper on the side. I have since added a light to the inside as you did.

ModelWorkbench001.jpg

Nice booth set-ups wyoroy & Jdog71. I think I would prefer a filter at the back set-up better than the down draft type I currently have. How do you guys like 'em?

JMac said:
Nice booth set-ups wyoroy & Jdog71. I think I would prefer a filter at the back set-up better than the down draft type I currently have. How do you guys like 'em?

I like mine so far...I've only had it for a week, but I've used it just about every day.

Jdog71 said:
JMac said:

I like mine so far...I've only had it for a week, but I've used it just about every day.

That's what I'm talking about.

Hi, guys!
Awesome mancaves everyone!
I've decided to show you mine as well.

Here is my workbench the heart of chaos in the room. What you see is the situation when the entropy is limited to zero, quite rare, I was lucky to take the photo without hills of different stuff laying everywhere :)

As the half of the bench is occupied by the PC, I don't have a special place for the spray booth - it sits under the PC-table with the compressor inside it while it is now required and gets up on the bench during painting sessions.

On the right hand of the bench the shelves with my completed projects and books-for-inspiration are located.

I'm keeping my stash of unbuilt models on top of them

On the left hand of the bench is the sofa good for rest reading books, or watching movies/playing videogames.

And here is my neighbor living on the mancave's door :)

Jdog71 said:
Nice setup solander! I'm sure your workbench will be covered in plastic in no time :D

Thanks, Jdog. Right You are: haven't your reply been posted - it already has been ;)

spud said:
somthing tells me you like sci-fi kits

Yeah, I'm starting to take notice that of myself lately to ;D

merseajohn said:
So that's where the sci Fi magic happens!

My household more often call that sci-fi hailstorm, thanking all the high forces it doesn't spread over this room))))

100_0671b.jpg

The Colonel's Bunker
http://colshofer.blogspot.com/p/colonels-bunker.html

:)
CS

I don't really have a man cave, but I am working on it. Here is the room that will soon become the man cave. In the next three weeks, I am going to remodel this room into a man cave:

try again

watched teh vid this moring it was fine btw, and that room looks small is it 8x8? 10x10 my room is 10x10 and i have shag all room to store my stuff ;(.

Oh and Killer deal on teh furniture! ive been looking forward to you doing this for some time now :)

The room is 10x11. It is small. And that is part of the challenge. Where to I store all my stuff? When I bought the house I was single, so I didn't buy a large house, I figured I didn't need one. I think I bought the smallest house in the entire neighborhood.

Latest posts

Back