Show us your mancave(s)!

oh nice, i wish i had more room than my 10x10 room that servs my pc and work bench and piling up teh jits aint easy with no room!

Not really photos of my mancave but I thought I'd share a few pics of some of the DIY camera gear I use for SMA. The jib - see below - is a new build and I'm going to try and incorporate it into some shots in the future.

First up, 1000W of overhead lighting. Diffused with wax paper. I just set this up today and hopefully it will light the work area shots well. If not, it will come down. Pretty hot too...but very bright.
3427.jpg

Here's my ghetto jib crane that I made the other day. THis allows you to raise and lower the camera and pivot the head so to stay shooting at the object. Retail versions run $400 and up. This cost about $10 I guess. It's not as solid as a commercial one, but with practice it works. The blue weight at the back is a counterweight so the entire arm balances.
3430.jpg

3429.jpg

3431.jpg

And last but not least my ghettoPOD. Been using this for a while now. Simply a tripod head attached to a clamp. I can put this anywhere and made a desktop stand for it too.
3428.jpg

3426.jpg

Nice setup. I am working on setting up a model room, once I get that done, I will think about some of the stuff you are showing. It would be an improvement over what I have now.

wow thats some major lighting there scott. just so we can see you mug better :) i love teh jib/jig thingy you made. and you use of a tripod head and clamp is genious, you should pattent it :)

Ok here's my bench. And before anyone says anything....yes I know the bench is too clean. That would be my OCD kicking in. And now the pics.
This is an IKEA desk that I made into my workbench. The drawers hold tools, paint and various other stuff.
BetterBench1.jpg

The walls and computer around and next to my desk.
BetterBench2.jpg

BetterBench3.jpg

The shelf next to the computer with other supplies, decals, Dremel, and my MV-22 Osprey.
BetterBench4.jpg

I spy with my blood-shot eye... hmm... WHAT?!?! its not there! Something is missing Medic....

echo139er said:
I spy with my blood-shot eye... hmm... WHAT?!?! its not there! Something is missing Medic....

Yeah I know. Didn't have it in place when I took the pics. That is if your talking about what I think you're talking about.

Medicman71 said:
echo139er said:
Oh I am talking about what you think I am talking about alright. LOL

Then what is that you're talking about so I know.

Yeah we are talking about the same thing. You know what that is...

I contemplating posting a pic of my work area but I don't know if folks want to see my dinning room table.

Here's what my area looks like. Taken in 2010. The paint rack has since reached it's limit ;D

CleanedModelBench.jpg

ModelWorkbench001.jpg

ModelWorkbench002.jpg

It's still a work in progress.

Thanks Spud. I try and clean things up each day and dust and clean once a month. The paint rack I made a year ago and already I need to make a another one, perhaps bigger this time ;D

wyoroy said:
Thanks Spud. I try and clean things up each day and dust and clean once a month. The paint rack I made a year ago and already I need to make a another one, perhaps bigger this time ;D

im the same i clean up every night and if i have a lot of sanding ill get out the hover, prob about every month or so ill clear the desk and wipe it clean.

Q ya only need give it one big clean and a small one every night after that :)

Latest posts

Back