How do you clean your cutting mat

CY343491

Hi,
Sometimes my cutting mat messes with sticky things like masking tapes, pigments or glues or it just gets dirty by time. When i try to clean them with any thinner it all removes the grid pattern off the mat, is it about my mat's quality or a normal thing? So how do you clean your cutting mats?

I don't...well, sometimes I spill a jar of lacquer thinner on it....there are some globs of glue which I scrape off with an Exacto chisel blade...but it's there to protect my desk top ...so..I mostly leave it alone.

I don't...well, sometimes I spill a jar of lacquer thinner on it....there are some globs of glue which I scrape off with an Exacto chisel blade...but it's there to protect my desk top ...so..I mostly leave it alone.
Do lacquer thinner remove patterns on your mat?

If it's Fiskars yes some chemicals will take off the print. Don't remember what did it to mine but I wasn't using lacquer thinners at the time. I just use one side for cutting tape and turn it over if I'm using any paint, thinners, or glue over it.

I've used SuperClean to wipe old paint off the mat. I have used lacquer thinner to dab at other gunk stuck on it. But generally, I haven't really cleaned it. I like the look of a weathered cutting mat;)

Latest posts

Back