Show us your mancave(s)!

Welcome to my modeling cave/pit. It is also our office. Complete with two computer desks.
I am a graphic artist and use my computer a lot for that. This first pic is of the top of my work desk. IT IS a disaster. I have been organizing and consolidating other areas of the office today, and haven't gotten to it yet. You can see parts of the Polar Lights 1/1000 Enterprise there, amidst all the other stuff. :)
HPIM1610.jpg
The second pic is directly beneath the work desk. I have kits stacked under it, and there is still leg room. You can see the big 1/100 Gundam there.
HPIM1612.jpg

This pic is the Comp. desk. You can see SMA on the monitor. You can also see the Klingon D-7 Battle Cruiser, the Enterprise, Custom Zoid Blox, and Chaos. The top shelf is full of models that I have built over the years, and one of the BB Gundams I just built about a month ago.
HPIM1602.jpg
This is another pic of the comp. desk.
HPIM1603.jpg
Here, on another shelf you can see some of the Old Universal monster kits. Repro.s of the old Aurora models.
HPIM1604.jpg
Misc. robots/zoids/Gundams/Super Heroes/spaceships.
HPIM1605-1.jpg
HPIM1607.jpg
HPIM1606.jpg
HPIM1608.jpg
HPIM1609.jpg
Here is a small cache of misc. kits hiding under the comp. desk.
HPIM1611.jpg

HPIM1613.jpg

This poor old guy was something I greebled together back in 1989. He's gotten a lot of mileage on him. He was on display in a music store for a while. He has been recently damaged by our kittehs. :/
I will need to glue his arm back on and his other hand.
HPIM1614.jpg

HPIM1615.jpg

Both of these paper boxes are full of misc. Rattle can spray paints.
HPIM1616.jpg

Anyway, this is currently where I work on models and stuff. I am hoping to get it whipped into some sort of shape this week, so I can finish a bunch of kits I have under way. ;D

ModelmakerMike,

A really impressive collection. My son would go ape over the zoids, he's got a stack and it's not that popular outside Japan.

Regards,

Craig.

Bouryaki said:
ModelmakerMike,

A really impressive collection. My son would go ape over the zoids, he's got a stack and it's not that popular outside Japan.

Regards,

Craig.
Thank you.
I just wish I had more adequate space to display everything properly. :)
I really need to get cleaning up my work areas....so I can work on more stuff.
Does he have a lot of zoids built or un-built? I had some in my youth, and so when they re-released them back in the late 90's I was really excited. My brother who is in the air force, was stationed in Japan for a year or two, so I had a pipeline from the source. I have tons of Zoids Mostly un-built...I might be willing to part with some. :)

Nice workroom!!!

I have a few zoids from my dark past. Two of them are from 30 years ago......

Good one Mike. And I bet you know where everything is rite? I cleaned up my bench and now I can't find a thing !!!
FW190

Dear "Spud" and "FW190A-8",
It's true that I want it to be all neat and orderly, and am a little envious of work areas which are so, but I can find anything I am looking for in short order. :)
I AM cleaning off the desk top, so I can finish the D-7 and the Republic, and then on to other stuff I have started. ;D

Mike,
I like the lil R/C heli you have on top of the Enterprise. I have one similar. Does a lap or two of the kitchen most nights.

i clean my desk every night when im done so it doesnt end up like yours :)

Spud, you da man....Ya wanna come and clean up mine? just kidding.
And FW190A-8, yeah it's a kewl littl heli. I like the led "eyes" that flash and stuff.
It's kinda tricky to fly.
;D

Hey everybody,
I have done some work, and cleaned my old drawing/work table. Can actually see the surface. All I need now, is a rack or some system to organize and consolidate my paint collection.
;D
ClearDesk.jpg

And my wife bought a new drawing/work table for all of us to use for drawing/modelling/crafting stuff.
However, there are a couple of my things on it right now. ;D a couple of Zoids, and a "Armored Core" model, and an Evangelion figure.

newdesk.jpg

The new one is an improvement!!! I am still trying to get one set up. I need about a week off from work to get it done. That time I will have in Dec. So expect a Man cave post then.

looking forward to that, if you spray booth is an indication then it will be Epic!! :)

Thought I'd join in here .

Here's where most of my fun happens ;D Note ,part of the stash below the bench ,there's more in boxes !....just of to the right is my spraybooth ,couldnt get it in the pic ::)

DSCF3939.jpg

Chris.

time to buy a wide angle lens then :p

looks like you took over your old kitchen :)

(((lol)))..Its actually a converted stable ;) , but the workbench is made up of two kitchen work tops ;D

Chris.

Yeah its not bad ...it does me . I dry lined & insulated the walls floor and ceiling ;D....cosy !

Chris.

Latest posts

Back