Show us your mancave(s)!

Wanted to share these for some time.... Nothing special ! "The Room" used to be the Front Basement... No insulation! no Floor, just bare concrete !!! I renovated over the course of 3 years... yeah I build Slow !

Now its nice !!! some say its too nice to model in there... but as far as I can see here..... there is a good variation... from Cave to palace ! so I don't feel so bad !!!

To each its own !! right ?

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u255/schweinhund227/Meet%20the%20Herd/?action=view&current=ManCaveBuildArea.jpg

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u255/schweinhund227/vinyl%20figures/?action=view&current=DSC05995_resize.jpg

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u255/schweinhund227/Scout%20Troopers/?action=view&current=DSC04931_resize.jpg

whats up guys XD ;D this is my "Mancave" sort of, check it out

comfymodels.jpg

my Models sit cozy on a shelf, my Road Ace, Jeanette BF-109G-10 Messerschmitt, and Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang all sit here

BigBeautifulDoll.jpg

here is my Big Beautful doll P-51D Mustang plate, its pretty cool, got it at Frankenmouth, its nice.

this is all i have for now, just moving in, soon i will have more pictures XD in about a week :(

Here's my work area. I'm hesitant to call it a man-cave for the simple fact that it's not a sanctum - walled off from outside distractions. It's in a "public" room where others can bother me.

And I'm stepping way outside my comfort zone in showing you this. Normally, I like to have things neat and arranged before I show anyone anything.

Mike's hobby area/catch-all

The Holy Trinity

It is J.E.B. Stuart. A print with the M3 Light Tank and the General. The other two are Gen. Adna Chaffee and George S. Patton. Something like a holy trinity to me.

Frank Blanton

About this time last year, we downsized to get our bills under control. And, I am happy to say, we are about 18 months from being 100% debt free. That's gonna feel soooo good!!

In our old house, I had a large basement that would have been perfect for a build area. (Wasn't in a position to restart the hobby at the time) I also had a 20' X 30' shop in the back for my woodshop. No, I don't do it for a living. Grew up in my dad's cabinet shop and building houses tho, and it's just in my blood.

Anyway, this is my temporary space.
IMG_2886.jpg

It's a little jut out that was added onto the house when it was turned into a duplex, ~8' X 20'. I share this area with the washer/dryer and all of our 5 cats' accessories. (Food/water bowls, litter boxes) Needless to say, I battle dust and cat hair regularly. Threw together a little spray booth out of some scrap OSB and 2X2's. The whole room is surrounded with windows. So, I get tons of natural daylight. Unfortunately, none of them open. I had to tie my spray booth ventilation into the dryer duct with a Y adapter and a couple backdraft dampers.
2011-03-14_09-40-11_502.jpg

The wife is in the process of a promotion that will land us in another state. I have already made it clear that I will accept nothing less than a big space for my build area and another big shop for my woodworking stuff. Think it will work?? :-\

Redecorated Mancave

Ok everybody here are some pics of the just freshly painted Mancave here in Richmond, Va.
IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_5072.jpg

If your were woundering what the cloths pins were for .
Ya real safe, My dad came up with the idea.
And that is My man cave.

Here's mine...a little late but I just got here! ;). Usually only use mine when everyone is asleep...or when it's just me and the kids. When I left for AMPS a few weeks ago, I told my boy he was man of the house. He announced excitedly that means he could go to the man room whenever he wanted;). Being a WWII USN freak, this room is in a late-war scheme...
100_4000.jpg
100_3998.jpg
100_3999.jpg

Nice space!

Did a small reno this weekend. SUBWAY SUBS was renovating and all the faux brick wallpaper they used ended up in the dumpster - and so did I.

caveApril2011.jpg

Cool spaces guys! I got so many ideas when I poped into this thread a few months ago. More videos please Scott.

Frank Blanton

Scott Girvan said:
Nice space!

Did a small reno this weekend. SUBWAY SUBS was renovating and all the faux brick wallpaper they used ended up in the dumpster - and so did I.

Curious, Where's the exhausted from your spray booth going to?

some really nice build rooms here ! .. I'm still without and have to pack up between builds ..I still have some renovating to do before I can once again regain my man cave ... can't wait !

Latest posts

Back