Secret Santa Build Thread

Awesome work on that man! I think the mega unit blaster pod is on the other side, that is CLEARLY the flector valve fernibulator.

John, would you recommend clear coating/sealing sections that are already painted? I'm wondering if I should do that for each section of the Mini.

I didn't bother clear coating anything before the citadel washes (there only water based acrylics so I didn't think there was need to) but it would be a good idea if you want to use other types of wash or just for protection when handling etc

Calling this puppy done ( pun intended ) ;) what I thought was going to be a simple build turned out to be quite challenging. Difficult with such a small subject working in the so called " gentleman's scale " .

Disappointed with the how the decals came out with some silvering evident on the roundels .... A constant source of frustration for me and something I can't seem to nail. I think I need to switch the gloss I'm using as the Australian equivalent of Future just doesn't seem to do the trick. I saw an aerosol can of high gloss acrylic clear in the hardware store, think I might try something like that. Any suggestions welcome.

Anyways , thanks Darkblade really enjoyed this one.
2b89f21c8ed608617fd2d253b014c98d.jpg
f3bf9602e10bc8c8c2b21341ebd038c0.jpg
2ffe0a179b290c2312262cf31fafc511.jpg
39ae5c1dfb2ec1f62d57fcb1b85ef523.jpg

Ps - John that bike looks awesome

I totally agree with you John; nice job on the Sopwith Rookie.

awesome builds jeje, that bike looks amazing !! maybe some day ill find the courage to get me one ;D ;D

That thing turned out nice rookie. I like what you did on the wheels and front end, nice touch.

Got the exhausts on and the coil spring under the seat:
IMG_5457.jpg
IMG_5461.jpg
IMG_5467.jpg
IMG_5470.jpg
Thanks for looking
JS

[attachment deleted by admin]

Niiiiceeee ;D Looking great John, the heat staining has come out really well. Not long now, can't wait to see the finished item. Jay

Latest posts

Back