Secret Santa Build Thread

And I thought Friullies were alot of work!! :eek:
And then there's the transporter! That is one serious project you have embarked on man, keep the pics coming.

Wow, Myke! :eek:
I guess I'm not going to be different from the other guys - that's just a crazy number of pieces for those tracks. I have now doubt the ending result is going to be outstanding!

As for my Ma.K. project, I think it is time to drop some light on how I see it in the end.

My idea is to make a scene of some spaceships interior divided into two zones - one habitable, and the second is a maintenance one, with now air and gravity. There is a piece of a wall between those two with a large panoramic window.

(the sketch is terrible, I know :))

The guys in the suits are working in the zero-g zone around some arc-like structure. One is hanging on top of the arc and welding something (that will be done with programmed LED) being located parallel to the ships floor (to give the sense of the gravity's absence), and another one is standing on the side of the structure like using magnetic boots.
The girl is walking by over the corridor of the habitant ship's sector, going somewhere about her business with a pad in her hand. She turns her head, sees one of the workers and gives him a smile. Bam! The guys heart is hit to the depth with a love from a first sight, his hands and legs are getting weak and he drops the instrument from his hand, which starts to fly around him freely.
Well, thats the idea. Some music like that would fit perfectly ;):

Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon [Music Video]

On the progress:

I have assembled most of the suits themselves and the lady-crewmember

Plus I've done the habitable section and started my work on the big window

WOW Sol..., love the creativity on that. CANNOT wait to see how that all turns out. I'm impressed!

As for me...., time to paint!!!!!

Ignore the track progress. I um...., um...., my uh..., fingers got sore.

IMG_20130108_182300.jpg

BOO!

IMG_20130108_182312.jpg

Sol: That will look great when done! Nice work on it.

Myke: All that work will pay off with a very sweet tank!

Sol, that dio's going to look excellent.

Myke, that tank's just teasing you. You can do it

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. But I have been following along on my coffee breaks, and I'm really enjoying the updates on your builds.

Solander: Super cool dio. Excellent work. :) Looking forward to seeing this painted up.

Myke: I'm totally digging the way the tracky-thingee is taking shape. The tracks look like a ton of work, (too much for me) - but that is going to look so sharp when you finish.

I'll be finishing up the Hanriot soon...

Jason

Hanriot final assembly started this morning. The rigging is in process. I still have to finish up the detail painting, and scratch build a new tail skid after my gorilla thumbs sent the kit part sailing across the room.

Thanks for taking a look.

Jason
486165_4553084782609_1881397391_n.jpg

429049_4553089942738_1956087633_n.jpg

Hi guys started on my secret santa build this weekend,the tools/spare parts are not on the vehicle yet, and i still need to do the tracks.
The track are a piece of work, i might have to boil some water... :)

Im really considering a diorama setup for this one with a mini art street/wall and some more tools.
Ive never done that but i think i can build something half decent.

well the stats : dragon 1/35 kit
bergepanzer P

I build this as a early version, i watched some clips on the tubes about making your own zimmerit
a bit to advanced for me right now (or maybe not patient enough ;))
image-20_zpsc6eb11de.jpg

zappa

That's looking pretty sharp Zappa. I'm still waiting for another of those kits so I can build one, so please let me know if and where you encounter any problems. Sounds like the tracks are giving you grief, what's the problem there?

The cynic tracks are wrapped in a piece of cardboard, so needless to say that there are very sharp edges where they were folded around the card... I'll try to hot water trick next week.
Other than that it builds very nice and quick.
I also picked up some more tools to put on and around the vehicle.

Zappa

Made a little progress on my Secret Santa build today. Thought I would get some of the decals on before I attached the upper wing. They were pretty tricky working in such a small scale but came out ok. Sealed them up with Future, and will apply an oil wash on the white nose section tomorrow to bring out some of the detail. All going well I might get it done ... :)

f8b6bbe7581581f71cf08c59c3d5e2f6.jpg

Thanks for looking

Got the upper wing attached, was quite the challenge getting everything lined up

1757188234c9abe639de823698c5f5d7.jpg

9e93df19b6aab41113f4ac6f1ab0eeb4.jpg

Landing gear, decals and a few touch ups left... :)

Thanks for looking

Latest posts

Back