1.3 hr C-3PO build

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
This was a super quick build for me. 1 hour 20 minutes. Not including the base or finished photos (see next post). This was more or less a ‘scouting’ build to see what I can do for the next ones. There is definitely potential for lighting, the eyes are clear and there is plenty of room for an LED. Maybe someone will make a set of photo etch parts for the eyes…they’re pretty small and it’s probably the ONLY piece of photo etch that the kit would require so it’s unlikely. I can see many variant builds coming down the line for me:

ANH Tatooine dirty
anh.jpg

Yavin ceremony clean
c3po03.jpg

Chewie’s back disassembled

chewie2.jpg

The Force Awakens mix-n-match
tfa.jpg

Then of course there are the others in the 3PO series,

E-3PO (ESB),
e-3poandc-3po.jpg

R-3PO (Echo Base),
r-3po.jpg

K-3PO (Echo Base),
k3po.jpg

TC-14 (EpI)
tc14.jpg

and C-3PX
1158835-c_3px.jpg

Anyway, enough speculation. Onto the build!! Super quick outta the box. All the parts are SOOOO SHINY!!!!!!!! So much so that I used rubber gloves throughout the whole build as to not get my grubby prints all over it.

c3po_imag7114.jpg

c3po_imag7115.jpg

c3po_imag7116.jpg

c3po_imag7117.jpg

c3po_imag7118.jpg

c3po_imag7119.jpg

The build happened so fast I could barely document it!!! Like I said, super shiny parts! Some notes:
1) Follow the instructions. The parts are labeled for a reason. I got mixed up with the arm parts and had to swap.
2) Be careful with trimming off the sprues. You don’t want to chip the plating.
3) The stickers are AWESOME. Never mind the raised detail on the parts, apply some pressure and they’ll stick really well. (I opted for some silver dry brushing on the waist instead of the sticker)
4) Go with the arms in locked position pieces. The plated arm actuators are way cooler than the soft plastic ones.
5) There will be leftover pieces to experiment with finishes on.

c3po_imag7121.jpg

c3po_imag7123.jpg

c3po_imag7125.jpg

c3po_imag7126.jpg

c3po_imag7127.jpg

c3po_imag7128.jpg

He finishes up really well! Can’t wait to work on the next one! Stay tuned for final pics.

c3po_imag7132.jpg

c3po_imag7143.jpg

Looks like a nice kit but seems like it might be the most toy-like of all the new BanDai Star Wars kits.

I have a feeling the Biker Scout might be...I've seen some reviews and the joints look WAAAAAAY toy like. I think this kit could be fantastic with some LEDs and some weathering. Maybe some TLC with the joining of parts. I was a little ham-fisted with it last night...started @ 1230a...

Love it! The reflections are great too lol. I'd say fig as its a.....fig. The biker scout has some HUGE bal joint gaps by the look of the sprues. I'll need to get him in the position I want then aves like mad.

Looks fantastic!!! Love how it turned out! The stormy I'm working on also needed a ton of aves to hide the ball joints.

Love the build Nick....& the base

This is a nice pic:
image_zpskctflj03.jpg

......as far as the joints on the Stormie & Biker Scout.....take the armour off.....fill....spray it black.....put the armour back on

Nice & easy

J

Thanks guys

@MJ yeah, that was my plan, too. Aves on the joints and pose him. Leaning back on the bike with the visor open maybe?

Latest posts

Back