"The Best Job I Ever Had" M4A3E8 Fury build

danb

M.A.F.V.A British National Champion 2013
Hi Gents
This will be my entry to the 2015 BSC i will be building a Fury Easy 8 replica and hopefully enter this into the Dirty class i will be using Tamiya/Tasca re box version of the E8 the tracks will be getting swapped for Tascas T-80 type tracks alongside Lengends Fury update resin set and photoetch fret im adding more detail by using a few blingy metal barrels for the main gun and 30 and 50 cals enough with the chitter chatter lets get on with the show 8)

IMG_6925_zpsqqdswf0t.jpg

A few hours after starting got me to this stage all i can say is WOW :eek: what a kit

IMG_6948_zps4ljq4jfl.jpg

Thanks for looking in more soon.......

Dan b

Oh YEAH dude. This was a great film and I wanted to do this build since...mud that bucket up!!

Perfect. Looking forward to this.

I have yet to see the movie - gotta find that somewhere.

Scott you will love it Shermans,Mud and loads of explosions the best combo in my book 8)

Nicholas I agree buddy the film caused quite a stir but i enjoyed the film great line up of actors and vehicles with double helpings of mud ;) now wheres my muddy bucket got too :D

Dan B

I've been waiting for this!!! Can't think of anything that would better fit the theme 'dirty' lol. Great start mate, wow the detail is cracking. Makes me want to build mine.....was there another A8 in the film??? Dio??? Lol

Cheers John ermmmm i dont think there was you should build Murder inc that was a cool looking sherman this will eventually become a small dio from a scene in the film but i dont think i will get it done in time i move at the pace of a snail ;) feel free to join in on some collab dio action lol

Dan b

Oh cool Dan! looking forward to this one mate! Word of caution on those Tasca Kits, you cant stop building them once you start ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

This pop up every where now a days. Non the less it's an intresting subject so I will be watching closely.

BJ I know what you mean fella the kit is stunning just closing up the hull now and adding some texturing and weld beads I can definitely say I will be building another Tasca kit in the future thanks for your comment

Biskup yes I know the fury is very popular at the moment but who cares it's fun right that's the whole reason we all model :) give it a year and fury will be unheard of lol

The Chaos just how we like it lol

Dan B

Dan exactly. I'm not a big fan of the movie as at moments it was more S-F than war movie. But I'm waiting and hoping that someone will make and pull of the last shoot of the tank. From above with all the bodies, shells and damage all around :)

Non the less I’m watching your build as I have a small 72 scale Sherman to make myself :)

Thankyou for all the positive comments much appreciated

Update no2

Upper and lower hull joined i added welds to cover the joining seams this was created by using some stretched sprue once this had dried i moved onto texturing up the hull

IMG_6953_zpsiubpocbm.jpg

IMG_6954_zpsvblxjb3q.jpg

IMG_6962_zps1h0gtfmd.jpg

IMG_6959_zpsu7wdacdu.jpg

IMG_6964_zpsingf0quk.jpg

IMG_6970_zpsz1ddosfy.jpg

IMG_6969_zpssalfpy5f.jpg

IMG_6972_zpswgndhvhg.jpg

IMG_6973_zpsrohcikvq.jpg

IMG_6974_zpsepmta6g6.jpg

Dan b

Biskup how true is that awesome find buddy :)

Nicholas thanks also for looking in on the project

Scott I appreciate your comment dude more pics soon starting on the bling next ;-)

Dan B

Latest posts

Back