Secret Santa Build Thread

I am calling the Hotchkiss done-- as you can see, the tracks ended up way too short and not very flexible...but it was the best I could do...trying to force them closed popped off the road wheels! The dude's face is a little wet still...sorry-- but it is time to move onto bigger and better things-- I did enjoy building this out of the box though otherwise and I really loved painting the scheme!
001%7E33.jpg
003%7E34.jpg

Think I might build the Mustang in the Spring contest this year....

Wow! Great work guys. :)

@Jeeves - I think the Hotchkiss turned out really nice. The camouflage scheme is very cool, you don't see many tanks like that... ;D

@Rookie - I love the Sopwith. :) Looking forward to your next updates, not going to rig it?

@Zappa - you're a tank building machine ;D... The Bergetiger looks great.

I'm calling the Hanriot HD.1 done. Nice kit, it's a good biplane to build if you're new to rigging. I didn't do a lot of weathering or such, I just thought it looked done. Had some problems with the decals not responding to the MicroSol.

Thanks to my Secret Santa (aka Scott) - you picked out a perfect kit. :)

Comments always welcome.

Jason.

76895_4603437561397_1596395282_n.jpg

314268_4603436961382_1335497761_n.jpg

6623_4603437281390_886604238_n.jpg

That looks awesome J. Up to your usual standard.

Not planning on rigging the sop with ... Beyond my skill level at this stage, especially with the scale. Can it be easily done without the need for drilling holes ? I think I've read that you use fishing line, how do you get it taut?

Zappa love the camo on the Tiger, very simple but effective, will look fantastic with some weathering.

Nice work done by all of you, the two tanks look great and the two biplanes are awesome.

Yeah I have to echo what G said, great stuff happening here! Well I may as well join the party (fashionably late as always lol) with my Honda NSR that Chris S gave me. I know nothing about motorbikes. But the kit looks great and I've been looking forward to starting it!
-9ABF-464A-AD50-657AB0670374-7048-00000B0DDE3CEC52.jpg
IMG_5409.jpg
IMG_5408.jpg
Not much to show but that's step one done in the instructions, all paints used were Tamiya and I'm just following the ref that the instructions call out for. Engine starts tomorrow! (I think its the engine.....)
JS

Thanks guys, should have another update tomorrow. I'm realy enjoying this Chris. ;D

Cheers Rookie! Well the engines almost done (I think?):
IMG_5413.jpg
IMG_5418.jpg
This is a close up of the mega charge unit blaster pod (I'm such an idiot):
IMG_5419.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice work John. I know zip about motorcycles but that looks like a pretty cool kit. :)

You done this before havent yer ? ;D ;D Sweet work John , very sweet ;D ;D .

Chris.

@John - Can you describe how you accomplished the engine weathering? Or is it just paint? I'm looking to do the same kind of thing on my Mini motor.

7165jay07 said:
Looks great so far John, has Chris been giving you tips ;D No really mate fantastic work. Jay
I havnt started annoying him with questions yet but there's still plenty of time lol.
Ian said:
@John - Can you describe how you accomplished the engine weathering? Or is it just paint? I'm looking to do the same kind of thing on my Mini motor.
Hey Ian, well first off I think I've gone overboard with the weathering but seeing as you want to replicate that then that's fine. The instructions called out for 'metallic grey' I didn't have that on the shelf (my metallic range is pretty limited) so I opted for 'citedal silver layer' shot through the airbrush mixed with distilled water over a black Vallejo primer base coat (that had been glossed with Klear). Once dry I gave it a carefull wash of again citedal badab black wash. This has a gloopy texture and represents oil/dirt/grime well (be carefull though it's not the traditional type of 'wash' were you slop it on then wipe off with thinners. It's more like a translucent gloopy paint. A cotton bud damp with water may remove some wash in unwanted areas but it's not the same as thinner). The oil(?) cap was weathered with AK Interactives fuel Staines and wash for yellow vehicles.
Hope that helps?

Latest posts

Back