Secret Santa Build Thread

Looks amazing John......nice & clean......right! get back into your comfort zone & lets see some weathering :D

J

Great work John. Really nice model man. Sure if different than a space pirate eh?

Slowly but surely getting through this one. Some more progress photos for you. Unfortunately I've only got one of the tracks done. They are diabolical. I did a little pre-shading too but neglected to grab a photo.

PRIMER
IMG_20130209_112213_zps1ccb7894.jpg

BASE

IMG_20130214_201053_zpscf1c046f.jpg

WHEELS

IMG_20130209_003400_zpsf19d5895.jpg

BASE... again

IMG_20130214_201059_zpsa464a9ee.jpg

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my last update, guys, much appreciated :)

John, congrats on the finish. This bike turned out absolutely great. Very well done!

Myke, I really like how it is going with your tank. This is going to be a pretty cool beast when finished. Can't wait to see the next update ;)

About my dio.
I've ruined the initial deadline, yes. So my wife have spent a nice evening in a restaurant with her husband ( ;)) which is far not a bad thing, and, what is an absolutely good thing is that I can now work along with no deadline over me left ;D
Actually, I'm pretty close to the finish. The base and the scene have been both completely painted up and glued together:

And I've given the suits some scratching here and there - simply painted them on with a fine brush

Next is some fun with the weathering ;) ;)

My Viper MK VII is finally finished! Lit with LED's in the engine and fiber optics in the cockpit. Not to bad for my first venture into electronics and fiber. It was a great learning experience. Thanks Erik!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Started picking away at this kit a couple of months back. I've been taking some pics but just haven't devoted the time to sit here and figure out the posting pics thing again. But here goes.
P1060097_zps45ba66b7.jpg
P1140110_zps69724cba.jpg
Not alot of work needed on the lower hull, and when it's all said & done you won't see it anyway.
The bogies went together well and look pretty good, can't wait to see them after some washes and weathering.
P1140113_zpsa7de7e5f.jpg
I watched Scott M's build of this kit, and I got this idea for the hatch handles from there, 1st time trying this and I think it turned out well. Sure looks better than what was there.
P1260116_zps95e6caa3.jpg
P1270118_zps4a732783.jpg
And even though they will be almost impossible to even notice after I'm done with it I couldn't resist making screens to hide under there.
P3010120_zps1720fab9.jpg
P3090125_zpsec32c6a3.jpg

Latest posts

Back