Secret Santa Build Thread

Its looking good John ,you should be able to settle those decs with plenty of Micro Sol ,give them a good soaking , then after a few minutes dab them down with a damp paper towel ,make sure it is damp or it will stick to the Sol ,but you should be able to work them in ok ,if you need to ,pierce some tiny holes using a pin to get rid of trapped air ;)

Chris.

Ok mate I'll give it a go but, I don't know if it will work now as I have glossed over them with Vallejo Varnish :-X oh the joys of making things pretty lol!

Hi bullet21,
The kit whent together very well, but like I mentioned before the track are not so good but I rectified that with giving them a hot water bath.
This is a really nice kit! Once again thank!

Zappa

Awesome works everyone!
John, congrats on the finish! Although I'd second Ian with the doubts You're not taking these photos in your garage from the 1:1 scale bike, man ;D

Here is my recent progress with the Gustav suits:
The suits themselves have received the paint and are now waiting for further weathering and stuff with a layer of future over them. A have also some plans for trying some painted scratches here and there, since these two guys are a bit too small for applying silver-primer technique I usually use. Will see how that will turn out.

Second, I've scratchbuilt the tools the fallen-in-love guy left go from his hands to fly around in zero-g.

The lady is also fully painted, only a layer of flat finish is left to be applied.

The most of the work was devoted to creating the dio surroundings to put the figures into, which are now finished and ready for paint.

I'm planning to put them on this base I've cut from a piece of wood to be displayed under some angle, which will even more increase the sense of a zero-g environment.

Here how they look altogether.

And the actors put into the scene:

Finally, as a special addition to the base created: there are some red LED's installed under the floor of the maintained section as some emergency lights and a PIC-controlled LEDs to simulate the effect of one of the astronaut's welding (see it working on the vid)

Welding effect test

Not sure if I manage to finish it in the initially planned time, but hope to complete it at least to the star of this year's BSC :)

Till later, guys ;)

Everybody's updates have been amazing. I'm so impressed at how much everyone is accomplishing. Me = slow poke.
Sol: that is sick man!

All done guys, it sure isn't one of my better ones, but I've learned a lot of new techniques and its been fun stepping out of my comfort zone. I'd like to thank Chris for sending it to me and twisting my arm into trying out bikes (it won't be my last). It's been a hell of a ride get it?
IMG_5502_zps39fe3ded.jpg
IMG_5503_zpsfa120ff5.jpg
IMG_5505_zps0b99440a.jpg
IMG_5508_zps9690bdcc.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Grendels said:
Solander: Wow, you are really doing that one right!

Sorry about that Solander, I totally missed your update. I just went back and took a look; that is awesome! It's great to see how you're moving from the idea to the actual realized dio. Top drawer!

John .....You knocked it outta the park mate ;D ;D Great finish ,sounds like yer had a bit of fun building it too ,they're a bit like Pringles too ...once you start ,you just cant stop at one ;) ;D Well done mate .

Chris.

Thanks guys and Chris yeah it was a lot of fun, a little rough in places but I'm glad she's done ;)

Latest posts

Back