Revell 1:48 B-24D Liberator. COMPLETED

Nice job!!!!
You can't go wrong with a beautiful LIb!
And you did a fine build.

I like your sand colour...its what all North African Libs were originally painted.
However, within a few weeks, the weather, sand blasting and intense sun, turned all Libs to a peach pink colour.
Famously referred to as "pink B24s".
You can see the pink colour on Strawberry Bitch at USAF Museum Ohio.

I sell a 1/50 paper model kit of The Squaw...and as always, I did a lot of research on how she was to look.

A well known B24 that came back to the USA with all her flak damage intact for War Bond touring (with all the new artwork).
Did you know that before being transferred to the 343rd and becoming just "The Squaw", this Lib was "Sleepy".
One of the Disney Snow White themed Libs that took part in the Fuel depot bombing raids over Ploiesti Italy.

The Revell decals seem to be an odd collection of different B24 markings.
Maybe the kit builds other versions?
Not everything is right for Squaw.
The Squaw stuff is all from the later War Bond Tour look.
(The original Squaw artwork is kind of hideous. lol)

My artwork attached shows how she looked after returning to the US.
The second and third pics show her as "Sleepy".

adw-b24-squaw-art.jpgSleepy - aka The Squaw.jpgSLEEPY-THE SQUAW.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job!!!!
You can't go wrong with a beautiful LIb!
And you did a fine build.

I like your sand colour...its what all North African Libs were originally painted.
However, within a few weeks, the weather, sand blasting and intense sun, turned all Libs to a peach pink colour.
Famously referred to as "pink B24s".
You can see the pink colour on Strawberry Bitch at USAF Museum Ohio.

I sell a 1/50 paper model kit of The Squaw...and as always, I did a lot of research on how she was to look.

A well known B24 that came back to the USA with all her flak damage intact for War Bond touring (with all the new artwork).
Did you know that before being transferred to the 343rd and becoming just "The Squaw", this Lib was "Sleepy".
One of the Disney Snow White themed Libs that took part in the Fuel depot bombing raids over Ploiesti Italy.

The Revell decals seem to be an odd collection of different B24 markings.
Maybe the kit builds other versions?
Not everything is right for Squaw.
The Squaw stuff is all from the later War Bond Tour look.
(The original Squaw artwork is kind of hideous. lol)

My artwork attached shows how she looked after returning to the US.
The second and third pics show her as "Sleepy".

View attachment 108348View attachment 108349View attachment 108350
Thanks for the compliment.
I didn't strictly follow the Squaw version decals. I was not a fan of all the decals so I just put on the ones I liked in places I thought looked good.
I didn't want a big map on the plane nor did I want the Declaration of Independence.
We can call this the Golanthius version. :p

Nice finish, G! I like the old Monogram large bomber kits, and it's always nice to see someone build one. You've done a nice job with yours!

Latest posts

Back