Revell 1/48 Sikorsky CH-53 GS/G - COMPLETED

A little bit of progress being made.
Inside painted and cockpit/deck ready to go in.

Attachments

• IMG_1786.jpeg
    IMG_1786.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1785.jpeg
    IMG_1785.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1784.jpeg
    IMG_1784.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 14
Testing the fit of the body. There is one spot in front that doesn’t want to come together.
Not sure if I should sand down the back plate of the cockpit or glue and putty it.

Attachments

• IMG_1787.jpeg
    IMG_1787.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1788.jpeg
    IMG_1788.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1789.jpeg
    IMG_1789.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 9
I would glue and putty it. But that is just me. Interesting you just started that build. I just started a Tamiya A10 Thunderbolt II. I have basically the same problem with the fuselage. I glued, using rubber bands to hold it together for drying, and had my grandson spread Tamiya quick setting extra thin cement on the seam while I held the nose and cockpit area of the fuselage in the proper position to eliminate a gap. We will see shortly if the cockpit fits properly. I built 20 aircraft models back in the 90's and early 2000's. All of them either Revell or Monogram. I spent more time filling, sanding, and making stuff fit then actually putting them together. But that was the fun of it. Still is. I want to build a chopper next. Haven't decided which one yet. I will watch your build and see how it goes and get an idea of what I am getting into. Keep up the good work!

What about using "Sprue-goo"? I made some a few days ago in case I ever have any gaps to fill in.

I would glue and putty it. But that is just me. Interesting you just started that build. I just started a Tamiya A10 Thunderbolt II. I have basically the same problem with the fuselage. I glued, using rubber bands to hold it together for drying, and had my grandson spread Tamiya quick setting extra thin cement on the seam while I held the nose and cockpit area of the fuselage in the proper position to eliminate a gap. We will see shortly if the cockpit fits properly. I built 20 aircraft models back in the 90's and early 2000's. All of them either Revell or Monogram. I spent more time filling, sanding, and making stuff fit then actually putting them together. But that was the fun of it. Still is. I want to build a chopper next. Haven't decided which one yet. I will watch your build and see how it goes and get an idea of what I am getting into. Keep up the good work!
Funny you mention the A-10. I just completed one not too long ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 6
Starting to fill gaps.

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1791.jpeg
    IMG_1791.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 12
That's alot of gaps to fill. Has most of the revell kit been the same? I have only built one revell kit and it was fairly good for the joints.
Pantherman
Most of the parts fit together well. Just had the issue with the main body fitting around the cockpit.

Sprue-goo is a mixture of sprue tree shavings and glue. I use Testors orange tube glue. The glue melts the shavings and creates a goo that can be used as putty filler. I have used this solution many times to fill in gaps. It files and sands great and is the original color of the sprue tree. Plus it also acts like glue to bond the gap together.

Sprue-goo is a mixture of sprue tree shavings and glue. I use Testors orange tube glue. The glue melts the shavings and creates a goo that can be used as putty filler. I have used this solution many times to fill in gaps. It files and sands great and is the original color of the sprue tree. Plus it also acts like glue to bond the gap together.
I used a half bottle of Tamiya extra thin with spru trimmings added until reaching the correct consistency. Works a treat.
Pantherman

Latest posts

Back