Questions

Question:

Is this a build along or just film or video the date of the start and take pics of the finished result?

I filmed me with the date and the kit I plan to do but I can't find my transfer cable.

@ Just Mike,

You can do either....there is no requirement for pictures other than the initial picture to show us that you started with a new kit, and the end 5 pictures of the completed kit you submit for the contest.

That being said....we would all appreciate seeing pictures of the progress of the build along the way!

Elm City Hobbies said:
@ Just Mike,

You can do either....there is no requirement for pictures other than the initial picture to show us that you started with a new kit, and the end 5 pictures of the completed kit you submit for the contest.

That being said....we would all appreciate seeing pictures of the progress of the build along the way!

So! If I read between the lines, It's almost a given.... We have to post a build 'WIP' tread on our entry??? Or not? Been sick for the last week..... I got squat to show for.... LOL

Or can we keep it low key till the end?

schweinhund227 said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
@ Just Mike,

So! If I read between the lines, It's almost a given.... We have to post a build 'WIP' tread on our entry??? Or not? Been sick for the last week..... I got squat to show for.... LOL

Or can we keep it low key till the end?

Not sure how much clearer I can be on the subject.

All that is required is the initial picture with a time stamp of some sort, cell phone, newspaper etc. so we can see it is a new kit, and 5 pictures of the completed kit.

Besides that you don't have to show us squat!

We however do encourage and appreciate a WIP thread to show the progress of your build, but it isn't required.

Not sure how much clearer I or anyone can make that....nothing to read between the lines here.

Norm - You DO NOT have to post a WIP thread. Your choice.

All I need are pics of the finished build no later than the end of June.

Thanks dude!

Scott.

So, ... what should I build? ;D ;)

I bought a paper just for the date a few days after I saw this contest, and now it's the 11th. The paper was the 7th... So, I still don't know what I'm gonna do. :p :-\

I'm REALLY having problems with my (ABSOLUTELYPANTSANDDRIVESMEUPTHEBLEED'WALL...) laptop and AOL connection, and cannot send a start up e-mail for this competition because my e-mail no longer recognises me...or The Wife...or My Son...

So my question is this...I took a picture of the junk and bits I want to use as an entry this morning but I can't send a "Start" picture to the address given in the SMA Rules Thread. Would it be possible to post a start-up picture here on the competition WiP thread and send the entry fee via PayPal with a little note in the Comments box to say it's me and pass all the relivant information that way...???

I know I'm being a pain in the bum but...jeebs...this is REALLY doing my nut in!!!

Im thinking of entering this contest, I have a question about the "Figure" category. It says "80% flesh" beside the figure category in the rules. Does that mean I cant paint the 40K space marine I was thinking of entering?

IBCRAZY8220 said:
Im thinking of entering this contest, I have a question about the "Figure" category. It says "80% flesh" beside the figure category in the rules. Does that mean I cant paint the 40K space marine I was thinking of entering?

Nothing STOPS you from having some of them Shed some Armor !!! LOL

im actually thinking of putting together another model for templarscrusade's contest, i may make it as an entry for this as well since all the parts are still new in the box. In that one im gonna have a Marine fighting an Ork with armor coming off each model.

Quick question about the Open section. If I enter a finished model, do I send in all the pics of it at time of payment instead of one pic with the model and cell phone/newspaper/monitor shot?

;D

I believe that, if it's an already finished entry, you send in the finished pics and specify that it's for the Open category.
I'm sure Scott can clarify, though

Here is a question that just came up: My Dio has three kits, Godzilla, King Gidrah, and a Castle. I took a photo and entered all three kits at once. Now here is my question: After doing some research, one of my other Castle kits would be a better match for this Dio. Can I swap them out? I have not started work on either kit and don't mind taking photos as proof of this. If I can't swap them, then I will use the kit I entered with the other two.

I'd say you should be fine as long as you take a pic of the unstarted castle and post it.
Scott?

Grendels said:
Here is a question that just came up: My Dio has three kits, Godzilla, King Gidrah, and a Castle. I took a photo and entered all three kits at once. Now here is my question: After doing some research, one of my other Castle kits would be a better match for this Dio. Can I swap them out? I have not started work on either kit and don't mind taking photos as proof of this. If I can't swap them, then I will use the kit I entered with the other two.

Grendels, you have far too many kits! I struggle to focus on the one in hand when I know i have another sitting on the shelf. You must have cupboards full.(OK, Jealous!)

Latest posts

Back