Questions

I don't remember getting one last year.
If you've paid the fee, and sent the mail, just go ahead and post your pics

Thanks Quaralene, I may post some pics sometime next month. still have a lot errands to finish first... already sent scott the email and paid the fee.

If you sent a photo you can start!

Guys - and I'll make another video about this soon - take the photo now, start building. If you can't afford the $5 until a bit later just make sure you have the photo now....you can 'enter' it anytime B4 the end.

Did I need to include pictures if I entered the all open category? I guess I forgot when I sent the email. If not I got plenty of pictures on the build on here already

Hi guys...

Just saw the video on YouTube and decided to register for the competition. I’ve got an idea that’s been slowly fermenting in my head over the last few months and this competition might just be the excuse I need to get going.

Only problem is that I’ll have to get most of the needed parts via eBay as Denmark is unfortunately somewhat lacking in well-stocked hobby stores. So I probably won’t be able to start building for at least a month while I wait for the packages to get through customs. Hopefully that won’t be a problem?

Alternatively, do any of you guys know a good hobby stores within Europe stocking the full Dragon and Trumpeter range of models? Ordering from within the EU is much better than orderign from China...

f2k - Welcome and thanks for getting involved. Entering in a month or so is fine.

redraider56 - no you really don't need to show anything when entering the ALL-OPEN. No time restrictions so really no need.

Hi Scott,

I had some correction, I think I set the wrong month of the picture I sent it to you, should be 04 not 03.

dd/mm/yyyy, Just borrowed the camera and didn't notice it was set in a wrong date. do I have sent it again?

I've also already started building after I sent the photo.

Scott Girvan said:
f2k - Welcome and thanks for getting involved. Entering in a month or so is fine.

Thanks.

I've got the basic model on its way from UK now. Just need lots of plast-card and some odds and ends...

Ferrariland said:
Simple question I live in the UK can I still enter.

I live in Denmark so I certainly hope so...

Yes, UK can enter. Any member here can no matter where you live.

Eastrock - no problem. Keep building. Your entry is fine.

Thanks Scott!!

I live in Philippines and I'm also entering @ferrariland

Just wanted to thank all the question askers and all the answer givers so far. As a newbie just signing up this thread has been very helpful.

Cheers!

Jarra

Could I get a clarification on the use of bases?

I suffer from acute basenitis. I base just about every model I make. It’s simply a personal preference as I feel that it makes the model look much better when it’s mounted on a simple base rather than simply standing on a shelf. Makes it more robust too...

So, if I mount a tank on a plain base, say with a dirt road and a bit of grass, and have a commander peaking out of the turret, would it be a diorama?
As opposed to, for example, mounting the tank on the same base but now placing the crew around it.

Guess that what I’m looking for is a sort of clarification as to where the line between a diorama and a non-diorama is drawn...

On a completely unrelated note, do all of you plan to post build-logs or are you keeping things secret until it’s time for the judges to issue their verdict?

Vehicle (Tank, Car, Boat, Spaceship etc...) with a terrain covered base AND figure > Diorama Category

Vehicle (Tank, Car, Boat, Spaceship etc...) with a terrain covered base NO figure > Category placement subject to review by contest admins -

So having the commander peaking out of the turret makes it a diorama.

Yes, I know that's debatable - we just had to draw the line somewhere.

Now, if the tank was crashed into a telephone pole, a raccoon looking at it..etc.... then even though there isn't a 'figure' it does tell a story and would be a diorama - hence Category placement subject to review by contest admins.

So a tank mounted on a plain base can be entered into the armour category. But as soon as a figure – ANY figure – is added it becomes a diorama?

Ok. Fair enough. I was wondering if perhaps I could get away with having a commander and/or gunner in my tank, that’s all...

Scott Girvan said:
Now, if the tank was crashed into a telephone pole, a raccoon looking at it..etc.... then even though there isn't a 'figure' it does tell a story and would be a diorama - hence Category placement subject to review by contest admins.
I think Scott makes a good point here about what may constitute a diorama. To me, (and i'm no expert), a diorama seems to always have a story to tell.

A diorama normally tells a story or sets a scene. If it just a guy standing next to a tank, that is often referred to as a vignette. However we can't have a category for every possible situation. If Scott says vignettes go into the diorama category, in they go.

Latest posts

Back