Questions

Myke said:
Question: Can you enter a kit into a specific category, then use that kit within a diorama and enter it in the diorama category?

I would have to say no, one kit, one entry into one category.

What ECH said. One kit, one entry.

Think of it like a land based show - once the kit is on the table, it's there for the duration.

Hey Scott,
Because of the Time Zone, April 1st in Australia begins some 17 hours before parts of the U.S.

If I take a photo of my kit with April 1st newspaper and send it to you then it will arrive in your inbox on March 31st your time.

This is not an advantage because the closing date for me will be 17 hours before the U.S clicks over to that date.

Will any of this be a problem (because I don't want to cause any problems)? Sorry to bug you with this one but I thought I had better ask in advance.

cheers,
FW190

@FW190, I don't believe the time zone thing will be a problem, always 5 o'clock somewhere right? ;D

@Eastrock, you don't have to send your picture on April 1, if you aren't starting your project until the end of April that is fine, just send in a picture with proof of date when you start. Would have to be finished on the closing date however.

@Elm City Thanks for the clarification of @FW190's question about start time. My closest shop is an hour away and I likely won't get there until a week or two into April... unless I order online hmmm... know of any good on line kit dealers that ship quick? ;D

Thanks EHC, I've been also waiting for the kit that I've ordered... it will be mostly OOB, since per review it doesn't need much am parts.

Ok so I have a question more. But first a story behind it.
Some time ago I bought a model of a car that my better half really likes hoping that I will manage to persuade her to try to make it or if she decides that she doesn’t want to make it I would make the kit for here. Now with some help from a friend :) I manage to convince here to try it and she even thinks of joining the contest. So here comes the question. If she decides to join the contest should she also join the forum or can I post the progress in here name?
Cheers
Lukasz

Probably be best if she were to post under her own name to ease any possible confusion

In order for her build to be entered In the contest, she need to register on the forum! That's part of the rule! No big issue here! And it's free!

Later

Yes, she would have to be registered.

As for time zones issues, Scott ECH is correct on all answers.

Jingles said:
schweinhund227 said:
That's part of the rule! No big issue here! And it's free!

Just for clarification...

Registration is free.

Contest entry is $5 for each model entered.

Jingles.

Of course that that I meant !!! maybe I should have continue my sentence !!! LOL
the original question was about..... entering models under someone else name... but we all know where that leads....

Take care all and Man !!! that's gonna be a Fast 3 months...

what he means you should completer your sentence :) ...

seems like most of us are already hype and read to lock and load!!!

schweinhund227 said:
entering models under someone else name... but we all know where that leads....
No I don't as my better half only made one kit and this is going to be her second and I just wanted to post in here name but it would be clearly stated that she is doing this kit.
But know worries she will register tomorrow and we will post pictures of her first kit.
Cheers
Lukasz

Thanks Lukasz - it just really helps me keep things straight. All the entries are linked to usernames here.

Another question !!!

What is NIT PICKING ??? special category > or Judging criteria ?

can someone explain ?

Thanks !

Norm. ;D

Latest posts

Back