Questions

ScarredKustoms

Whatcha building!?
Figured I should start a contest questions thread... A lot of questions have been answered on the New Kit thread. Try and consolidate questions.

I'll start off by asking a question. This will be the first contest I have entered so I may have more but will try to find an answer before asking. :p

Question:
Can you enter a single kit/build into multiple categories? IE Sci-fi build that is also fits into the Special Theme.

Jingles said:
ScarredKustoms said:
Can you enter a single kit/build into multiple categories? IE Sci-fi build that is also fits into the Special Theme.

I would say no, if only for the reason that once you start a kit in one category, it cannot be a new and unstarted kit in another, if you catch my drift.

However, you could always check with Scott when he comes back.

Jingles.

Good point Thanks Jingles!

Jingles is correct.

One kit = one category.

8)

*If you want to enter multiple kits and/or multiple categories that is up to you

WARNING: This is turning into the Care Bear thread all over again WARNING :p

How about a zombiefied Care bear space autoboaplane?? It could be pink with a rainbow on its belly and when you tickle it, it spews out zombies. It could have wings to allow it to fly, and tires to run around on.

Sorry I just couldn't resist bringing up the old Care Bears.

One question....
The special theme, After-Life is it a catagory on it own or are models in the main catagories are them considered to qualify for the Special theme. For example, a death race car. Will it be judged in the auto catagory and then the Special theme?

DXM said:
One question....
The special theme, After-Life is it a catagory on it own or are models in the main catagories are them considered to qualify for the Special theme. For example, a death race car. Will it be judged in the auto catagory and then the Special theme?

Nope, separate category.

OK. Here is a question that you will probably all have a laugh over at my expense but.........

How does one actually Enter the competition? I mean, how do I sign up and whom do I pay?

You pay Scott through his Paypal account, sign up I believe is just providing a picture of your un-started kit with either a newspaper showing the date in the picture, or your cellphone with the date, so we know it hasn't been started prior to the start date, and you send the picture to Scott as well.

You name would be helpful as well! LOL

Once Scott G gets back from cooking in the Florida sun, I am sure he will address this, but that is the jist of it.

Anybody know when Scott will have his contest video ready? Is he still on vacation? Maybe Scott should post his day planner so we all know what he's doing. :p I wonder if he's eating toast right now? ;D

I talked to him last night for a bit, yes he is still in Florida soaking in the sun.

Dunno about toast, but he was going to have a steak when I talked to him! LOL

Lol.Thanks for the update Elm City. I kept looking for the contest video and realised he probably isn't home yet. I'm just like the rest, anxious to dig into a new build.

I'll home on the 27th and will have the video up by the 1st.

Yeah, big 20oz Porterhouse steak last night. Woke up with an attack of gout in my ankle. Red meat...oh well. It was good.

Short answer: no.

One entry per kit/build. You CAN enter in say 4 categories but they all have to a separate build.

Think of it like a normal 'land based' show. When you place the tank on the armor table you can't wait for the judges to pass by, grab the tank stick it in a diorama and place that on the diorama table.

Cool? Cool.

Question: Can you enter a kit into a specific category, then use that kit within a diorama and enter it in the diorama category?

Cheers Scott - You're quick. You answered my question while I was moving it to the "correct" board.
I figured that was how it worked but just wanted to make sure.

Latest posts

Back