Tatiana's Vanship - Hasegawa 1/72

Off to a great start. I'm always confused on what and when I should begin painting for items that will be attached later on.

That wood looks very nice; I may have to try that oil technique at some point in the future! :)

nicholassagan said:
depends on what color you go with. ;D the red is classic and should be shiny...but there is something about the green that appeals to the dirty side of me...

I agree.

Nice kit! I actually just started watching Last Exile, its on Netflix, really cool series, very steampunky.

The wood on the deck is definitely looking good. Nice detailing on the "Claudias"

Thanks for the comments, the cogs are still turning as to what colour I'm going to paint this. Keep changing my mind :-\ . Guess I will just go with it when the time comes, even thought of NMF .... Did a little more brush painting tonight on the cockpit. Will post some more pics later in the week.

Finally some progress after a 2 week hiatus.

Office done
9b7a5ddfb210499dcf3bbfc1f1a0ffb7_zps2e07c724.jpg

Flat alloy undercoat on various bits and pieces. Gave these bits a coat of hairspray, will top coat with a dark metallic grey and try my hand a bit of chipping again... :-\

4bdb9dac4dc6de8f43bf0462e34987df_zps63a28220.jpg

Some dry fitting..
ef28cd8a226d51165ded63b27c0bde4d_zpsee5c2e24.jpg

2cf29ef4f5239a0c0ad33811fff2ae36_zps3768c872.jpg

Sorry for the poor pics , taken at night with my ipad . Really enjoying this , thanks for looking :)

I love that wood grain effect... looks just like wood... if you didn't tell me it was painted on plastic, I would have swore it was real wood. That truly is an awesome effect!

Nice office and what looks to be a nice fit too!! Great job so far Rook! ;)

Latest posts

Back