D3A1 Val 1/48 Hasegawa competition build

This is a real beauty. The paint on those tail fins pops right off the screen. Fantastic.

Thanks Scott. I've said it before, praise from yourself is high praise indeed! Just hoping I can get this work finished in my house soon so I can get some better photos taken and start into something new.

Chris

And this is why I don't bother entering aircraft in this contest-- simply stunning work man-- really well done!

Well it's been a couple of weeks, but I finally got some final photos taken. I really hope you've enjoyed following the build as much as I did making it. This was my first online build and as this hobby of ours can be a little antisocial at times, it was nice to be able to share it and get your feed back along the way!

IMG_0865_zpsfra66sug.jpg

IMG_0866_zps9ynrlwug.jpg

IMG_0867_zpsb2oux1ag.jpg

IMG_0868_zpsa4vnftqf.jpg

IMG_0869_zpsqvfaeftv.jpg

IMG_0871_zps4tiu8xlw.jpg

IMG_0872_zpsjrwtcuhn.jpg

IMG_0874_zps80hdhomo.jpg

IMG_0877_zpsghqv5zdx.jpg

IMG_0879_zpsnu8nwzvt.jpg

IMG_0880_zpsywgrcoks.jpg

IMG_0881_zpsflst8xeq.jpg

IMG_0892_zps9wcnh6k6.jpg

IMG_0893_zpswxplvqza.jpg

IMG_0910_zpsohsvktoo.jpg

IMG_0896_zpsf93rv4kj.jpg

IMG_0898_zpsexcsghjo.jpg

IMG_0900_zpsndwfura2.jpg

IMG_0901_zps9nqzvrkb.jpg

IMG_0903_zps6cic6aks.jpg

IMG_0905_zpslxanxvdq.jpg

IMG_0907_zpsemdqw3a1.jpg

IMG_0908_zpspfs2rbhb.jpg

IMG_0909_zpssv57pavc.jpg

That's all folks, until next time.... ;)

Thanks for checking out the photos and as always, if you have any querys, or questions you know what to do.

Most of all though, good luck to all of you that have entered the big spring contest!

Chris

That is one fantastic looking bird Chris! Outstanding work on the painting and weathering!! Congrats on gtting this one to the finish!! Well done! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Alan, I just used a white piece of card. It was slighty glossy which I was worried about at the start but I think it work out quite well.

Chris

Just thought I'd show you guys this. I'd mentioned previously that the Val had picked up gold at the IMSS show in Dublin a couple of months ago. Spencor Pollard (editor of the Model airplane international magazine) was also at the show doing a demo. In the lattest edition of the magazine he covered the compitition a bit and the Val along with another piece of mine made it into the magazine! It's a small photo but I'm chuffed to have been included. Sorry for the poor photos but I'm sure you understand, they are photo's of a magazine.... Still put a smile on my face!!!! lol

IMG_1060_zpsb9kpki8u.jpg

IMG_1061_zps7b2f5egg.jpg

IMG_1062_zpshdulxor8.jpg

Chris

Latest posts

Back