2-1/48 Bandai AT-STs

sci-fi-bldr

OK...I posted pics of this build in the Sci-Fi section and a few guys suggested I enter it in the 2015 Contest.

While I started this about a month ago...(I didn't document the time)....but these kits weren't available widespread until around the time the contest started....I think I'm good.

As stated in the title...these kits are the Bandai 1/48 AT-STs....lovely models.........they were built straight from the box with no modifications.

I made the base out of a rigid foam like material...added some ground work....and some 'water' down in the lower corner.

BOX_zpseqrfi9qd.jpg

ATST2_zpsvb1tbab9.jpg

ATST5_zpsmync0s67.jpg

ATST4_zpseowimye6.jpg

ATST3_zps62q7fff5.jpg

ATST1_zpswme9x8jf.jpg

ATST6_zpsl9tvwkvd.jpg

I'm all excited now..... ;D

(Mods I hate to have 2 posts with the same subject....axe one of them if needed)

What's the diameter of that base? (I'm going have to use that multilevel idea if I ever have the chance, it totally makes it seem like they are in a real environment)

The area they are setting on is around 8 1/2 inches in diameter.

The area is divided in half.....tho if you looked at it from above it has a kind of Yin and Yang symbol shape to it.

This is so cool....can't make up my mind which view is the best, it's interesting in all the angles

J

Latest posts

Back