Hasegawa AH-64D Apache Longbow

suavetomcat

Loved the review of the kit Scott, I'm getting addicted to your videos mate. Great stuff!

I even went and bought one of the Bandai AT-ST after seeing the video on it..... and I don't do Sci fi! lol

Chris

edz280zx

Supplies! My kingdom for supplies!!
Looks great Scott. Love the video as always. One of these kits is on my wish list.

Junkie

Thanks guys. It's a great kit. I'd buy another for sure. Selling AT-STs to non-sci-fi guys! Excellent. ;)

Here's a look at the bench as of 20 minutes ago with parts cleaned up and some assembly started:

Pylons and stuff - touching up my rough assembly skills with some filler.

Photo etch will go on the front of the rocket pods.

Oil drums in primer.

I opened the little hatch where the headphones (comlink?) hookup. I"ll scratch a little door later.

Molded belts removed and Mr. Surfacer texture applied. I added that more to hid the tool marks than any other reason. I might still remove the lumbar support and scratch those in epoxy putty. Undecided.

Some after market goodies arrived. I'll talk about them more in a video and as I build it. First impressions are good.

Thanks for watching.

Junkie

Thanks guys. Got a bit more time on it just now. I decided to remove the molded in lumbar/back support and used Aves Epoxy Putty to sculpt new ones. I also added strips of Tamiya tape to represent the velcro behind it. I'll paint these slightly different shades/sheen of black. In these extreme closeup pics I notice my 'fold' marks are a bit much and I'm off to cave to smooth them out a bit with a damp brush.

TRM

Nice looking seat bow ties Scott!! ;D Things are shaping up nicely!! Keep things heated on the bench up there!! ;)

Junkie

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm really enjoying this project - bench time is tough but when I get there it's great.

Cracked into the cockpit last night with some photo etch. I'm pretty much a rookie with PE and the going is slow but it's moving.

Latest posts