Tatiana's Vanship - Hasegawa 1/72

rookie

This is not a toy
Reaction score
So this my entry into the Sci Fi category. Bought this in Tokyo earlier this year, saw it in a hobby shop and just had to have it. All I know is it is from a Japanese Anime series, but it looked so darn cool I couldn't pass it up. I've been itching to start it ever since.

Here's some shots of the sprues

Comes with a another little craft called the Vespa, not sure if ill make this yet, very small but quite nicely detailed.

The instructions are very nicely done with full colour paint diagrams

Also comes with a nice booklet, with some cool diagrams. I'm sure there's some really interesting stuff written here but my Japanese isn't so hot.

And of course the obligatory sexily clad anime babe.... :p I'm assuming one of these gals is Tatiana

Can't wait to get started, should be a fairly quick build, not too many parts.

The dilemma I have is should I make clean and shiny like the box art or dirty and weathered??? I'm thinking a pale blue colour chipped and rusted with primer showing through the top coat. Maybe the front nose panel left in just the primer colour..... What do you guys think? Would really appreciate some advice and comments.

Sorry for the epic post, as always thanks for looking and good luck to y'all in the BSC. :)

Ps I won't be including the figures, they are lacking in detail and of course it would then have to go into the all open category ;)

Grendels

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of these built up. Looking forward for another one.

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
Reaction score
Hey that DOES look pretty cool! Looking forward to it!

rookie

This is not a toy
Reaction score
So guys, what do you think, shiny or dirty ?

ModelMakerMike

"It's Slobberin' time""
Reaction score
Oh man, This was such a great series of anime'.
I liked it so much, that I wanted to scratch a VanShip of my own.
I didn't know there were actually produced model kits!
;D

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
Reaction score
depends on what color you go with. ;D the red is classic and should be shiny...but there is something about the green that appeals to the dirty side of me...

Beork

Reaction score
Dirty it up ^_^

Great kit that, seen a couple built over the web and they are gorgeous.

They look great both in weathered and clean condition, the model has a certain flow that fits both very well.

Will follow this

TRM

Reaction score
Awesome kit Rook! Dirty all the way...but then again I am a bit bias to that!! ::) Looking forward to seeing you have at it!!! ;)

Quaralane

Reaction score
Looks like it should be a nice build.
And, if those figures are for the cockpit as pilots, you can use them just fine

The Model Dude

"Yeah, well. The Dude abides."
Reaction score
This is a unique looking model; I look forward to the build! :)

rookie

This is not a toy
Reaction score
First progress pics .

Woodwork done on the office floor, undercoat was desert yellow. I used a tip I saw on one of Ken Abrahams YouTube videos, painted the wooden planks with various browns, to break it up and add interest. Finally a thin coat of umber oil, let dry and lightly brushed with white spirit.

Painted the intake thingys

Also got the "Claudia Units " painted. Base coated first with flat aluminium, the highlighted with blue, titanium gold and orange. Top coat was a thin mix of smoke and gun metal. Really pleased with how they look, however the pics aren't that flash.

Thanks for looking :)

Solander

Reaction score
Great kit. I've benn thinking about taking one myself - would be cool to see it built to make a final decision.
And the painting looks pro, btw, thumbs up! ;)

Latest posts