Show us your mancave(s)!

Is jealous with all these man caves. Mines a stupid unfinished basement that is damp, attracts mold in areas, and has tons of dust :(. Its the only place I can have any type of mancave to work on my models. ha ha. Hopefully I can someday soon build an addition to my house with a little mancave in it. Good lord I gotta put plastic up to try to trap as much dust as I can from falling from the rafters lol. (I live in a sardene can ha ha). Tiny little house. My grandmother passed away so rather then sell her place to someone out of the family, I purchased it. Lucky if the entire house is 800 Sq Ft. Looking good though Scott. Anxious to see what you come up with in regards to the work bench and work area. Post pics :D

OK all...I figured I'd share my little corner....

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

This is my desk, my building/painting space, and where I also do all my art-fart stuff. We have a small OLD house so space is very limited. My room is also right off the living room so I really need to keep things tidy. I have a Paasche spray booth in the basement I vent out a window when I rattle-can and airbrush. The basement is more like a glorified cellar. I keep most of my paints and such in the tiny closet behind the chair. It's snug! I also have a nice little wall mount TV across from the desk to keep me entertained while I'm building, and snacking!

The stack of boxes along the wall are built models I have listed on eBay....truly short on space!

That's all from the the little corner....Erik

Cool. That works. Honestly, that is about the amount of desk space I actually use while building...anything beyond that is just clutter.

I'm new here guys but here are a few shots of my cave and one of something I've built in it.

It's a mess ;D and I didn't put in as much thought into it as I should have but I'm planning on redoing it and have found some great ideas on the thread. Thanks!

cave1k.jpg

cave2h.jpg

cave3.jpg

32rod.jpg

Holy stash, good lord lol. You got enough kits in your stash to give every forum member a Secret Santa present ha ha. Looken good my friend.

Nice hobby store you have there. :)

Dude. Since you insist on giving me a Christmas gift I could take one of those 1/25 trailers off your hands.

or a 1970 Challenger....

:)

Scott Girvan said:
Nice hobby store you have there. :)

Dude. Since you insist on giving me a Christmas gift I could take one of those 1/25 trailers off your hands.

or a 1970 Challenger....

:)

Lots on the store shelves....that is just the stash! LOl

Scott Girvan said:
Nice hobby shop you have there Metepec!

Scott, those kits are not a hobby shop that's what he is sending me as the recipient of Secret Santa bawahahahahahahaha ;D He mise well just fill a complete UPS truck and send it my way haha. That is a ton of kits ha ha.

Elm City Hobbies said:
hooterville75 said:
Holy stash, good lord lol. You got enough kits in your stash to give every forum member a Secret Santa present ha ha. Looken good my friend.

LOL....that is nothing! Last pics from my stash from about a year or so ago

http://public.fotki.com/ScottM/models/stash/

*Drooling on keyboard* ... although not enough wings to my taste!! wouldn't mind that Tamiya DB9 :D

Neo said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
hooterville75 said:

LOL....that is nothing! Last pics from my stash from about a year or so ago

http://public.fotki.com/ScottM/models/stash/

*Drooling on keyboard* ... although not enough wings to my taste!! wouldn't mind that Tamiya DB9 :D

Lots of wings there, just the armor over shadows them. But there is more armor than planes no doubt about that.

Here are few shots of my work area. Simple, just some files cabinets and pieces of counter top. Its in my basement. My dog Chloe likes to hang out with me down there :)

WorkArea1.jpg
WorkArea2.jpg
WorkArea4-1.jpg
DisplayCase.jpg

Nice

dart board is very hady while paint is drying . got one myself in the basement

Plus those LED eyes on your dog mush be usefull at night :p

Cool mancaves everyone!
As for me and my moving last summer, I've recently finally got to the point when I can stop assemling 1:1 furniture and star building some smaller scales :)
Here is where I'm located for now:

Still have to get my painting booth out of the closet and hide it after each session of airbrushing, but the working area is planned to grow further after a little while.

Here are the shelves formy stash. Empty for now, as all the stash is yet in the closet with the painting booth and has to be sorted out.

And here is what I've prepared for my completed builds exposition. Again, only left to put all I have inside...
And time to start preparing more ;)

P.S.: Sorry for some bad color representation on the pics - I still have got to figure out best calibrations on my camera for the new room.

Latest posts

Back