Secret Santa Build Thread

hooterville75 said:
Ian, you rock buddy. Thanks a TON. My wife said God Bless this gentleman haha now she doesnt have to purcahse some of this stuff for me for Xmas ha ha.

My pleasure, hope you can make use of all that good stuff.

Had only intended to open the shipping boxes when this arrived, but the contents weren't wrapped, so....
Apparently, my Secret Santa wants me to step up my game.
When I opened the boxes this evening, I was wowed by what was in them.
Airbrush compressor:
1126122005-00.jpg

Airbrush and hoses:
(Along with some other bits to use with the brush)
1126122008-00.jpg

And, of course, some models to use them on
1126122007-00.jpg

John,
Thank you VERY MUCH for all of this.
Your generosity with this blew me away.

Nice Quaralane, thats legit ha ha. Will be watching for the build of the fighter jet. If memory serves me correctly you mentioned a week or so ago that you were looking to purchase a new compressor. Awesome gifts Bro.

Well Q, mighty big score there! Congratulations!!!!!!
What about your poor Graphite Dust? Will it get jealous? ;)

ugh, I'm just waiting on my order to arrive and I will be sending out my secret santa stuff. The wait is killing me for it to arrive so I can send it out.

The generosity of the people on this site is fantastic !! Q ,Im sure you are a very happy man :)

Chris.

I'm going to be forced to retire after this holiday season!!! You guys sending these gifts out are some really great "Santa's" Happy I can be a part of this!

HoHoHoHo

If you do decant the stuff, spray it on a bit heavier to get a nice gloss finish. Otherwise it may appear flat.

Dusky said:
If you do decant the stuff, spray it on a bit heavier to get a nice gloss finish. Otherwise it may appear flat.

If you spray it on heavier it will run everywhere ! Decanted rattlecan paint is thinner than you would normally mix ,Best just put a gloss clear on after ;)

Anyhoo ....Santa passed by my house today ;D ;D

DSCF1698.jpg

Dont know what it is yet ,But thank you very much ;D

Chris.

Dusky said:

Depends on the paint really. Any of the Testors Lacquer spray cans need a gloss coat over them whether you decant them or if you just shoot them straight from the can.

I use decanted Tamiya lacquer. The tip was given to me buy a guy who paints classic cars for a living and not the plastic kind.

Dusky said:
I use decanted Tamiya lacquer. The tip was given to me buy a guy who paints classic cars for a living and not the plastic kind.

Been a spray painter for over 20 yrs myself (not the plastic kind) but still wouldnt advise anyone to put paint on heavier ....Heavier = more problems Light even coats is the only way to go when spray painting ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Been a spray painter for over 20 yrs myself (not the plastic kind) but still wouldnt advise anyone to put paint on heavier ....Heavier = more problems Light even coats is the only way to go when spray painting ;)

Chris.

I don't mean heavy, just slightly heavier than a light mist coat. You know what I mean. :p

Quaralane said:
Had only intended to open the shipping boxes when this arrived, but the contents weren't wrapped, so....
Apparently, my Secret Santa wants me to step up my game.
When I opened the boxes this evening, I was wowed by what was in them.
Airbrush compressor:
1126122005-00.jpg

Airbrush and hoses:
(Along with some other bits to use with the brush)
1126122008-00.jpg

And, of course, some models to use them on
1126122007-00.jpg

John,
Thank you VERY MUCH for all of this.
Your generosity with this blew me away.
Decided to add a more personal thanks:
A Secret Santa Thank You to BadGrendels

Latest posts

Back