Secret Santa Build Thread

Secret Santa, just wanted to clarify that you got my personal message that I sent you. My recipients gift will be shipping out December 4th or 5th. Should arrive to the recipient by December 12th at the latest if not before then. I hope my recipient enjoys his gift(s) :D

Ok looks like I'm gonna kick this thing off!!
Got this fantastic little Sop Camel from my secret santa. Its 1/72 scale so a first for me. The kit its self is very basic with no cockpit to speak of ,however nice detail on the surfaces so should come up quite nice with a little TLC.

IMG-20121201-00017.jpg

Got the main fueslage put together with a little filler here and there.
001-Copy3.jpg
002-Copy.jpg

Tried some pre shading wich was near on impossible so I just ended up painting the whole thing black and cleaned it off with isopropyl when it was dry

010-Copy2.jpg

Hit it with some dark green, preshade came through but not that evisent in the pics. I think I will use Tamiya Buff for the undersides of the wings and body.

014-Copy2.jpg
012-Copy3.jpg
011-Copy3.jpg

Before anyone asks, I dont think I will be trying my hand at rigging for this one...lol ;D

Thanks for looking & thanks Santa :)

The little Camel is coming on nice :) ...quick too !

Chris.

Well ,I started into the little Zero this evening :)

DSCF1720.jpg

I made up all the cockpit parts ,and drilled out the seat holes .

DSCF1736.jpg

The engine and cockpit walls were assembled too :)

DSCF1734.jpg

Then the wings :)

DSCF1732.jpg

Dry fit ...

DSCF1731.jpg

And ...this is just funny ;D ;D ;D

DSCF1730.jpg

Some paint up next :)

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

A couple builds underway already!!! Sweetness!!

Way to go Rook!! Looking the part!!

As does yours Mr. S!!! Love the office work!!

Thanks Timothy ;D Hope to get the innards painted tomorrow so I can close her up :) ;)

Chris.

I'm so envious - my Secret Santa package hasn't arrived yet :-[

I'll just have to sit back, wait and enjoy everyone else's WiPs here in the thread. This is going to be crazy trying to trak and follow progress. ;D

Good stuff Rookie - the Sopwith Camel is one of my favourite WW1 aircraft. Camels aren't too bad to rig (not a lot of cables). If you change your mind & need some how-to type info let me know; I'll send you some links.

Nice start on the Zero also Chris - how you going to paint it up? Fresh from the factory (like the box art) or heavily worn?

J

The elves and I have been sending out PM's to remind people to send their gifts out if they haven't already.

hi guys, just sent my secret Santa gift a couple hours ago, it should arrive to destination in a couple of weeks (hopefully).
btw, after reading all the post in here i just want to say that i hope my secret Santa does not get disappointed when he opens his present.
You guys have sent awesome stuff, I'm glad that i can be a part of this !!
I'm just glad i found SMA, superb talented and generous people everywhere you look !!

merry Christmas to all !!
have fun !!

Hey Osquitz ....Its all about the fun ,i dont think anyone will be disappointed ....no worries ;)

I got a bit more done on Little Zeke :)

Painted the centre section below the cockpit ,just in case any shows :)

DSCF1747.jpg

Painted the wheel wells :)

DSCF1748.jpg

Painted the cockpit :) ....and assembled it , I nearly forgot to take paics before closing it up !
I used the kit supplied decal for the belts ( my eyes wouldnt hold up to scratching 1/72nd belts lol ) I forgot how small this scale is ;D ,the decals for the IP were tiny !!!
Anyhoo ....cockpit done ;D

DSCF1749.jpg

DSCF1750.jpg

Then she got closed up ;D

DSCF1752.jpg

DSCF1753.jpg

Paint soon :) ... Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Great work Chris, that little one packs nice cockpit and gear bay details even at 1/72 !!

Latest posts

Back