Air Brush Rant...

Grendels

awesomepaintjob over on YouTube did a video on airbrushes. He talks about different brands of airbrushes and does a comparison between them.

Airbrush Rant

A little long, but a good rant. Totally agree with the whole "no single best airbrush". I never thought I would have more than one gun and now, having no less than four, I can tell you each has a use and on a given model I'll use at least two different ones, sometimes three or even all of them for different stages of the finishing. :)

Gundamhead said:
Bah. There's no Paasche there. Paasche rules all others drool. ;) ;D

I currently use a VL, but I won a badger in the contest and have another badger on the way.

I will be able to compare and contrast soon....

But I posted the video because I agree with him that there is no best airbrush, there is only what is best for you.

Thanks for the vid Grendels ,, this guy is so spot on about AB's.
I'm somewhat of an AB geek.

I'm up to 5 AB's..I have a passche H and VL, they are both great,and reliable AB's ,
I have a T&C omni 5000 , amazing AB,, it has a small cup for more quicky spray ,clean , put up situations.
A Badger 175 that is very much like the Passche VL

..and my go to is the Badger 155..it is my workhorse , It has only one needle because it has a dual angle ... pull back slightly for really fine lines ,, get past the halfway point and it kicks into overdrive...amazing AB ..can spray just about anything.
What I find really is impressive about it is ..it's a siphon feed and doesn't know it ...lol. No problem spraying heavier paints at really low pressure.
Like everyone says , It's in the users hands..
You can buy a top of the line Les Paul guitar , but you still have to learn to play.
(but it helps to have a nice reliable guitar to begin with).

one advice I would add is if your airbrush come with different needle sizes ..get them.
don't try to do everything with one airbrush , one needle size..and drive yourself crazy chasing thinner ratios and psi. . Seems like the universal solution to AB problems is .."thin the paint more".
In a lot of cases , that is not always the correct solution.

sunsanvil said:
Grendels said:
I currently use a VL, but I won a badger in the contest and have another badger on the way.

Two words for you: Quick Disconnect. :)

As Scott said, he is on it, I contacted him right after ordering the second badger....

all you need now is a second compressor and you can go dual brushing ;D

Latest posts

Back