I'm now know why I bought a better air brush.

Gsooke

When I got back to the hobby a few years ago I bought a few Amazon AB's. Poking around Marketplace I found a Iwata HP-C for a very good price. Didn't use it before today. Tried using one of the better looking Amazon brushes, don't know if I put it together wrong but it was not spraying at all!put some thinned down Stynylrez from the other brush into the Iwata and it was too thin. Put the straight primer in and it sprayed beautifully with a few adjustments

I hardly would call Iwata airbrush better. I still have my Paasche airbrush - which is my go-to AB. I also own a Badger AB. I’d choose a Paasche or Badger over Iwata brand - let alone a no name Amazon AB…

When I got back to the hobby a few years ago I bought a few Amazon AB's. Poking around Marketplace I found a Iwata HP-C for a very good price. Didn't use it before today. Tried using one of the better looking Amazon brushes, don't know if I put it together wrong but it was not spraying at all!put some thinned down Stynylrez from the other brush into the Iwata and it was too thin. Put the straight primer in and it sprayed beautifully with a few adjustments
I recently bought, and have been using a Harder&Steenbeck Evolution. I'm very happy with it, I have 3 needles; .6 .4 .15

Oh very nice! Harder&Steenbeck is high on my list. I’ll have to wait til there’s another airbrush sale where I bought my Badger AB. I think it’s usually around spring or Memorial Day.

I'm another airbrush virgin. What do we think about those "portable" spray booths available online? Or suggestions on how to get simple paint station started started. If I feed the vent out a window, can I really spray in the house?

I have one of those, it's great! It definitely helps and takes the fumes out. I use Vallejo paints for most part so not much fumes. Still very nice to have.

I just have a run-of-the-mill Master airbrush. It does fine for me.
I'm still learning so I will wait before I invest in an upper echelon AB.

I use the Iwata Eclipse AB and I like it a lot. It has a .35mm needle and it sprays just fine.
The first AB I bought was a Master from Amazon and it is now sitting in a drawer taking up space.

I'm still using the Iwata NEO that I first bought and for being Iwata's entry one I think it works great. I don't have to do much thinning with that one either. Eventually I want to step up to the Eclipse as it is suppose to spray in finer detail and also wider as well compared to the NEO. High quality tools make a job easier and better with the same skill level in most cases.
I've had zero problems with the NEO and I believe that is the only one in their line made in China, which plays into the higher price I believe. My understanding all of the rest are made in Japan. Almost every part on the airbrushes are replaceable as well. As far as Paache and Badger both make good airbrushes as well but my first choice would be the Iwata.

I'm another airbrush virgin. What do we think about those "portable" spray booths available online? Or suggestions on how to get simple paint station started started. If I feed the vent out a window, can I really spray in the house?
I have this one…

https://usartsupply.com/products/mas-b420dck

My workbench is in my cellar and my portable AB booth is close proximity to a window to vent out to. The vent hose is not fixed permanently to vent thru my cellar window. I vent whenever I airbrush.

Latest posts

Back