"Snowy Wind" - Yukikaze: Tamiya's 1/350th Scale Japanese Navy Destroyer

Hey Rob!!! Thanks BTW!!! The set is nice!! I picked up some of the AK Panzer Wash and Steaking stuff ::) If I am correct, the effect set has one item you cannot buy separate unless at a show??

Can't wait to dig into the weathering end of this one!!! Little hyperscale from what I am used to lately but I think it will be big fun!!! ;)

None of their filters are sold separately, other than at model shows.

I've asked why but I don't recall if there was really any particular reason.

its a pitty because i dont fancy buying some of the stuff i already have.

Well, I guess the good thing is there are only three filters at this time.

I suppose you could try writing an email to AK Spain and tell them you would like to buy the filters separately and see what they say... or maybe ask one of your Yank friends you pal around with here or at MSC to pick you up some filters at the next show and send em to you.

lol ;)

LOL ya they would charge me twice the price :). i could email AK spain and see what they say about ya never know.

Double charge you spud??? LOL...Guess you are thinking of your own VAT?? ;D ;D ;D

lol na i think you would just rob me because you love me so much ;D

How did you know buddy!!! ;D

Seriously, just let one of us Yanks know...show season starts up soon!! ;)

Spud ,problem is if it's sent from the U.S. You will get hit with Import VAT ,they just got me ;)

Chris.

I've never ever been hit on import dutys you should have asked for them to put in a low value on it, plus if T don't rob me and gets them for me I won't get hit on import dutys because there won't be any recept. But then again it is T so ya never know......

I forgot ...yer in the south ,probably different laws ?? ,but it didnt matter about the cost ,it was getting taxed anyway and if it was a gift I could have been charged up to £40 regardless of cost of contents !!!!

Chris.

Nice work on the hull painting. Looks warn and faded. I have been tempted before to do a ship or sub for the weathering potential. Wait a minute, there is always a potential for weathering. ;D

Those tiny bits will keep you busy for a while. Honey is going to miss you. :-* Will you send her emails from the mancave?

Thanks noname!! She will be a used ship when I am done!! ;D As for the modeling widow....most of my constructions are done right atr thr dinning room table...clear shot to the living room and the kitchen...big 'L' shape with open floor plan....she just shouts over when she needs something!! :-X

;)

Ahh i see your one of them she shouts you jump people... tut tut tut

Latest posts

Back