"Snowy Wind" - Yukikaze: Tamiya's 1/350th Scale Japanese Navy Destroyer

TRM said:
Thank you FT!!! Appreciate the kind words!!! Going to make room in my case for this one. One thing to clean a tank...completely different thing to dust a ship!! ;)

Your kidding, right Chris? :-\ Those flaps are impressive in their own right!!! Thank you BTW!! ;) Course I see all the little things that bug me with mine...which I had to fix last night after posting ;D. Soooooo ready for weathering....in my mind at least!!!! LOL, still need to finish paint!! ;)

That is the thing TRM, when you take close up pics of these things they always show the blemishes. That is why I say if it looks good in the photo, it will look really good in real life.

Thanks JMac!!! ;D

Noname, know what you mean. I hate getting something done and ready for pics...take the pics, upload and such only to find out I missed a seam or something! :eek: Can't see it with the naked eye, but once you zoom in!! :-X ;)

Lots of work on that Ship my Man !!! nice of you to take the time to Hone all those little Port Holes...
makes a big difference !

Keep up the good work.... Those Antennas looks very fragile...

Looking forward to see your next installment ! :D

OUT !

Thanks for stopping by Norm...and thanks for the lkind words!! ;) Yeah, little delicate on the masts! :p Should be updating things real soon!! I finished most of the tripple mount AA last night and on to the bigger guns...oh no, forgot about the 10 or 15 single that need to be barrel-a-fied ;D Would love to see paint down on this girl by the weekend! :-\ Going with the flow and having some fun!! ;)

T ,

Yeah !! Bangin ! The Hands of a Surgeon ! Tiny indeed ! Great Job. Were th small pieces hard to remove from th sprue ( th kit styrene parts) What type of cutters do you use ? This looks Awesome & I don't even build Ship models ;D . I just Dig on a Good well built model !!

Hi ya Erik!! Glad you dig her!!! As for the tiny pieces...#11...really sharp and some masking tape doubled over underneath...cut and the part get's stuck!!! ;D

I hope to have an update in the next day or so. I am finishing up deck pieces, guns and such. And should be going right into some more painting! Then onto the best part...Weathering!! ;)

LOL....working on it!!! Should have some pics tonight! Would really like to see paint fly on this one this week!!! Weathering for the weekend??? :-\ Go for it!!! ;)

aww man. stop teasing us when you post because i expect pics ;D

Hello!!

Making a little progress, I have a small update which will lead into a couple more updates this week hopefully.

Here we go!

Finally I was able to mount smaller AA barrels on the single units.

2-7-12004.jpg

2-7-12005.jpg

And getting down and dirty I broke down and began to prime all the superstructure sections.

2-7-12008.jpg

2-7-12009.jpg

2-7-12011.jpg

Next up in a day or so, I will have some color going down. A dark base and then shading lighter sections.

Thank you for hanging in there!!!

TBC...... ;)

Cool stuff Mario.

When I think back to the fairly small box of parts I handed you and the size of the hull I saw, it's even more impressive.

Thank you Spud!! LOL...tiny aint the half of it!!! went a bit blind trying to get these in!! 8) Things should be moving along at a better pace now that the AB is out!! ;D

Thanks Ken!! I remember opening this kit for the first time that night...A LOT more in this kit than what I saw or expected!! Worth every penny!!

(.............Mario...lol )

:eek: :eek: :eek: Man those things are small !!! ,Tidy work getting them together tho .....Mario ? ;D
Superstructures look good under primer too bro ....get at the paint ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back