"Snowy Wind" - Yukikaze: Tamiya's 1/350th Scale Japanese Navy Destroyer

OMG, T, You're simply nailing this build!! :eek: :eek:
All those TINY details just PUSH my jaw to the floor!
Terrific job, mate, thumbs up ten times!! :)

She's looking real pukka bro !! nice to see those superstructures in place and looking damned good :)

Chris.

Thanks Solander and Mr. S!!! Glad to see you enjoying this!!!

I had a chance to start getting something back together here.

I installed the bridge gallery window. I use Krystal Klear to install all clear parts. There is no chance of any fogging. Even at this scale, I don't need the fogging effect. ;D

2-12-12003.jpg

2-12-12010.jpg

2-12-12011.jpg

2-12-12017.jpg

I began adding all the little tiny deck features. Tripple AA's, Hose reels, ammo storage and so forth. I will have a buch of painting touch ups to be done, but I am moving along.

2-12-12042.jpg

2-12-12044.jpg

2-12-12047.jpg

2-12-12055.jpg

2-12-12058.jpg

In moving forward, I will be working on the 2 main gun turrets and finishing up the remaining deck furnishings. Then onto railings and some rigging...hee hee...I did say that!!!

I am really itching to get to some weathering on this...a real good wash/filter I think will really make some of these details just POP!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! ;)

Lots of fun watching this come together T! She already looks fantastic! It'll only get better too with the railings and more details and your weathering job. Thanks for the great update and sail on brother!!

This has been a long and excellent tutorial in dealing with the smallest of parts. Man o shevits that looks great!

Thanks FT!! Glad to know you are enjoying this! I have had some fun so far on this one. LOL...Just like everything else though, get to a certain point and all I want to do is weather it!!! ;D More to come soon!!! ;)

Thank you GF! I appreciate the kindness!! Might need a short break from the tiny stuff for a little bit when I am done!!! ::) Thanks for stopping by!!! ;)

I'm really enjoying your build thread here TRM. The progress looks great - it's nice to see the step by step of how the ship is taking form.

Jason

Thank you Roy and Jason!! The encouragement is always welcome and appreciated!!

Roy, I did plan on making a few vids along the way, but was bogged down with this and a couple other builds. I still made a couple of small ones just never uploaded. Thinking of getting into more of the vid stuff on some new builds. might show some SBS thing differently than just in pic form.

Now I'm also eager to finish my ship too ^^

looking forward with the SBS thing, T :D

Glad to see this inspiring some mojo so to speak ER!! Finish her up!!! Lord knows I have a few I need to!! ::) I will see what I can do for a Vid SBS...no promises yet...thinking you know what on my plate right now!! :eek:.... ;)

i thin your first sbs is how to gow a pair to be able to break a perfeclty good kit and not drop any sweat :),

LOL...spit my coffee out on that one!!! ;D ;D ;D

In case anyone is curious what spud is refering to....

2-12-12066.jpg

Side project...and yup, this was on purpose!! ;D

Back onto the subject at hand....

I hope to have a good portion of the Yukikaze done by the weekend...which means some weathering is in the future!!! ;D

will be making some updates very soon, T!!! you can also make the SBS in pic form ;D

I will try to put something together like that ER!!! ;D

Thanks Ken!! We will see about ValleyCon!! I suppose one more would not hurt!!! ::) Now if I could finish a wingy thing, I could cover just about every genre!! :p....... :-X...... ;)

;D ;D ;D .....You said 'Wengy Theng ' ....I heard ya ;D ;D ;D

Chris.

LOL...I use that at least once a day now Chris.......Weng and a prayer,.....could I have a bucket of wengs please........

...Prayer !! ....its pronounced ... 'prer ;D ;)

Chris. ((lol)) give us Bucket o wengs mate ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back