"Snowy Wind" - Yukikaze: Tamiya's 1/350th Scale Japanese Navy Destroyer

Hey TRM, just getting caught up. Fantastic job so far! all that PE would would have make me cross eyed and shell shocked! ;D (actually did happen while doing the railings for Enterprise LOL!) Can't wait to see the main guns!

Now Chris...would that be 'Prer pronounced Pr - er with emphisis on the er or Prrr like a kitty kat? (((LOL)))

Thank you for stopping by MF72!! Glad your enjoying it! Yeah, the PE is a bit tiny, not too bad though. I hope to have some railing on this old girl this weekend so I can start some weathering!! ;D

Nice panels highlights you've done on the hull! Very subtle, but effective! She looks pretty?

Keep up the good work! Buddy! Almost there...

Thanks for stopping by Norm!!! Yup, almost there!!! Got only a few more pieces and the dreaded railing and I can relax and weather this old girl up!! ;D

She's really coming together now T. The painting on this little ship sure does look great.

And about breaking a good kit.....I don't see where the problem is...I do it all the time ;D

Both are looking great bro.

Thanks Rob!!! I actually enjoy bashing up a kit..... ;D Pretty interesting challenge most of the time.

OK, Back on track here.

At this point more than 90% of the kit parts are together.

2-19-12040.jpg

2-19-12042.jpg

2-19-12045.jpg

2-19-12048.jpg

2-19-12051.jpg

2-19-12057.jpg

With everything in place I wanted to add some rigging.

First I needed to make a mile or so of stretched sprue.

2-19-12059-2.jpg

After stretching some lines, I began sizing and attaching sections. Always work from the inside out.

2-19-12061.jpg

2-19-12063.jpg

There is one. :eek: As you can see, there is a slight bend in the line. After the glue dries, if you heat up the end of you #11 blade and bring it close (not touching) to the line, the heat from the blade will tighten the line.

Taking a break, I needed to finish up the propellers.

2-19-12075.jpg

A good priming...

2-19-12090.jpg

A base coat....

2-19-12093.jpg

Finally a final coat. I think the Pale Burnt Metal from Alclad looks a lot like old bronze, dirty brass.

2-19-12095.jpg

Waiting for things to dry again... ::)

It was time to get rigging..... ;)

2-19-12067.jpg

2-19-12064.jpg

2-19-12070.jpg

With that, I have some touch up painting just about all over and attach one of the anchors....oh yeah....the railings!!! Weathing is on deck!!! ;D

Thanks for stopping by!!! ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: Man O Man !!! cool rigging T ,thats a good tip with the hot blade too ;) She is looking fantastic bro ...almost seaworthy ;D

Chris.

thats a lota stretched spur...... Awsome job T she is looking fantastic

Looks like a tedious, yet rewarding, job! Looks fantastic.

Pun-tastic too! "on deck"

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the kindness!!! Just getting ready to tighten up some of the line that were sagging in the pics and then work on some touch-ups!!! ;)

Thanks Guys! Appreciate it!!! The rigging tightened up nicely last night and I will spend the next day or so applying som paint to the rigging.

Thanks for tuning in!! ;D

Latest posts

Back