"Snowy Wind" - Yukikaze: Tamiya's 1/350th Scale Japanese Navy Destroyer

Well...winding this project down now! I have to install the flags and clean up the base a bit. What a ride!! Enjoyed all of it too!!!

A small update...

Here, I have applied some Panzer Grey Streaking Grime from AK.

3-20-12002.jpg

3-20-12005.jpg

3-20-12006.jpg

Next, I bunched a few things all into one here....As you can see in the pick; AK Slimy Grime Light & Dark, Light Rust Wash, Streaking Grime and Dust Effects.

3-23-12yuk002.jpg

3-23-12yuk009.jpg

The systematic layering creates thick depth to the ship.

3-23-12yuk011.jpg

3-23-12yuk017.jpg

3-23-12yuk030.jpg

With that, I am on to working on the Ensigns and touch-up!!

As always thanks for stopping by and checking things out!!! ;)

Fantastic weathering bro ...especially on such a small piece !! Brilliant work my man :)

Chris.

Thank you guys! Winding things down on this one!! Hope to have the flags on maybe today and try to bring this to the finishing line!!! ;)

Thanks Guys!! Appreciate it!!!

Spud - An to think I was going to make 1/700 too!! :eek: That is a tough bid!! ;)

Great work on confined space, T... love the weathering on the Imperial fleet!!! :D

Oh man is that nice!! :eek: I had that AK streaking grime panzer grey in my hand today should have bought it!!! :'(

Thank you gents!!! ;D Been lots of fun so far!!!

John - next time!! Works awesome on a ton of colors! Leans to a purplish when full mixed but tones down after a nice filter.

;)

:eek: Droppin' my jaw over this T! Ships of this scale are a very difficult build. Things can get overdone and head south really quick...I know all about it! You've done an absolutely fantastic job here T. The realism factor is a 10+. Very difficult stuff here, and you nailed it to the wall. My hat is off to you!! 8)

I am humbled by those kind words FT!!! most appreciated! Think I am finished now. I popped a couple flags on and the touch up is basically done....just some finals to take.

I am off to a show the Wings & Wheels Modeling Show in Chicopee, MA today!!! Going to meet up with friends and have a blast looking at models and shooting the......poo!! ;) Hope to have the finals up soon!!

Hello Everybody!!!

This has been a fun ride!!! This is the final update for the Yukikaze....I am calling this one complete. I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I have and I appreciate all the encouragement and company along the way.

With that, on to the pics............

3-26-12002.jpg

3-26-12003.jpg

3-26-12015.jpg

3-26-12019.jpg

3-26-12021.jpg

3-26-12030.jpg

3-26-12029.jpg

3-24-12yuk021.jpg

3-26-12006.jpg

Again, thank you all for hanging out with me while I worked on this.

Thank you to Scott, SMA and AK Interactive for the support and opportunity to create this review/build.

Finally and most certainly not least, thank you to Hobby Link Japan for their full support in the Hobby Link Japan Build Series here on SMA.

If you are interested in purchasing this kit of the IJN Yukikaze please go HERE! And please stop by Hobby Link Japan - http://www.hlj.com/ and check everything that they have to offer!!!

Thanks for tuning in!!!

Latest posts

Back