"Snowy Wind" - Yukikaze: Tamiya's 1/350th Scale Japanese Navy Destroyer

Glorfindel said:
My right eye just went blurry and teared up looking at that photo etch. Dang that looks good! :eek:

LOL...Thanks Glorfindel!! Lot's more shinny stuff to go :eek:

Thank you Roy!!! Hope to have few update pics a little later on today!! ;D

TRM said:
Thanks noname!! She will be a used ship when I am done!! ;D As for the modeling widow....most of my constructions are done right atr thr dinning room table...clear shot to the living room and the kitchen...big 'L' shape with open floor plan....she just shouts over when she needs something!! :-X

;)

Good man, I build right in my living room. That way I'm not MIA when building. ;)

Hello All!!

Seems it's time for another update!! ;)

Forward...

Still I am making headway in getting all the fixtures and superstructure sections constructed and ready for painting.

The support for the cantilever gun platform forward the bridge, needed to have the detail drilled out.

1-22-12yukupdate001.jpg

Drilled through, all four sides.

1-22-12yukupdate006.jpg

I constructed the forward mast. Within the kit came two templates for constructing the forward and aft masts. Handy little pieces that kept everything straight and squared off while the glue was setting!!

1-22-12yukupdate008.jpg

1-22-12yukupdate009.jpg

1-22-12yuk2028.jpg

The last large structure section to build was the aft torpedo housing.

1-22-12yuk2027.jpg

Even though I have a ways to go on some items, I needed to lay it all out and dry fit as much as I could.

1-22-12yuk2001.jpg

1-22-12yuk2009.jpg

1-22-12yuk2012.jpg

1-22-12yuk2020.jpg

A few more small bit to construct and the lot will head off to the spray booth. The bulk of which should be complete this week. I still have 4 triple mounts, two double 12.7 turrets and a slew of single deck guns to make up! Makes for good fill in between paint coats!! ;D

As always, thank you for stopping by!! ;)

wow T this is awsome all that tiny pe must be taking its toll on ya ;D hehe.. looking tops T well done,

That's a lot of tedious building there bud. I salute you for your patience and fantastic vision.

Hiya Spud & Myke!!! Thanks BTW!! ;) Some of the PE is wearing on me! ::) One small set I grabbed is really really thin. Makes for big fun when handleing!! :p Just taking my time and hoping I get to placing the pieces before I knock something off!!! ;)

Good detail work. It will really pay off on this little ship when done. I find if it looks good on close up photos, it will look great in real life.

Thank you Gentlemen!! Really looking forward to getting this together....can't wait to start the weathering!!! ;D ;D

Really coming together beautifully here T! Great attention to detail on the itty bitty. Gonna make a real nice shelf sitter! Worthy of a clear box ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW....That mast makes my flaps look like childs play !!! ;D

Stunning work my friend ...stunning ,the big ship is looking mighty fine bro ;)

Chris.

Thank you FT!!! Appreciate the kind words!!! Going to make room in my case for this one. One thing to clean a tank...completely different thing to dust a ship!! ;)

Your kidding, right Chris? :-\ Those flaps are impressive in their own right!!! Thank you BTW!! ;) Course I see all the little things that bug me with mine...which I had to fix last night after posting ;D. Soooooo ready for weathering....in my mind at least!!!! LOL, still need to finish paint!! ;)

Are we going to see some rust streaking ...yes ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back