SMA MAGAZINE ANNOUNCEMENT

soawesome.png

Hi guys.
First, thanks for the support and curiosity. Trust me, I am just as anxious as you are.

I will be shooting a video in the morning and doing my best to answer all the questions that have come up in this thread, YouTube comments and Facebook.

Thanks again!

If I can pay $75 or whatever it is for ESPN the Magazine I think I can pay whatever the SMA Subscription price is ha ha. Doesnt really care how much it is, still count me in for a subscription. I may even buy my daughter a subscription as well so she can get something in the mail every month or every other month depending if its monthly or bi monthly ha ha. She loves the hobby, is really into reading and LOVES to get mail lol. Scott, I claim dibs on issue 1 of the first magazine so how much extra is it going to cost me LOL.

kiwi gav said:
Printed for sure. Im a printer and nothing beats the texture and ease of a printed page. You can park up under a tree on a nice day with your copy of SMA mag and read away... as well as have it next to you on the bench as a reference!

Gav

True but if you keep buying printed stuff there wont be any trees to park under!

i like print better but Digital is the way to go, cheaper,no shipping , and green (no im not a tree hugger)

I also prefer printed, but year after year they start taking up too much room, so I want to move to digital only. My main problem with that is that most magazines layout is intended for the printed version and is far from ideal to be read as a digital version.

I'd recommend that you use a high resolution (299 or higher) and size for the digital format, even though it won't be ideal for those with slower internet. Hardly anyone these days still uses dial-up.

I may have missed it in the thread but how will the digital be offered? or not offered yet? I mean thru this website or magcloud?

Neo said:
kiwi gav said:
Printed for sure. Im a printer and nothing beats the texture and ease of a printed page. You can park up under a tree on a nice day with your copy of SMA mag and read away... as well as have it next to you on the bench as a reference!

Gav

True but if you keep buying printed stuff there wont be any trees to park under!

i like print better but Digital is the way to go, cheaper,no shipping , and green (no im not a tree hugger)

That may have been true a few years ago. Nowdays paper manaufactures are planting Tree Farms. In Europe alone the percentage of forests and increased due to tree farming and Paper production. 2 trees planted to every one felled is a common practice.
I hear ya...We all need to be sustainable these days I reackon

Gav

kiwi gav said:
Neo said:
kiwi gav said:

Gav

That may have been true a few years ago. Nowdays paper manaufactures are planting Tree Farms. In Europe alone the percentage of forests and increased due to tree farming and Paper production. 2 trees planted to every one felled is a common practice.
I hear ya...We all need to be sustainable these days I reackon

Gav

Ah but that is only part of the story. They do plant trees yes, but (over here at least) plant mostly eucalyptus which is not an endemic species and by doing so they are destroying the local ecosystem and landscape. Most of Portugal used to be covered in oak, birch and similar, nowadays we have only a few little spots left, everything else is eucalyptus and pine trees, and all the fauna is mostly gone as well due to this.

wont make a difference if 10million people went for digital, we still need trees to wipe our behinds ;D

spud said:
wont make a difference if 10million people went for digital, we still need trees to wipe our behinds ;D

WHAT!!!!! dont you have digital toilet paper in Ireland!??!?!?!! or those shells ala Demolishion man????

Hey that's better then using Skunk Cabbage when we were in Boy Scouts lol. Looking back at some of the things we did to become an Eagle scout lol. HA ha ;D Would change it for the world. Good times for sure.

lol only posh people have the room for one of them PharmPony.

I remember using grass when i was out in the fields many moons ago.

Latest posts

Back