First Impressions of the Magazine...

Hi everyone, I hope this reply finds you all doing well. I received my copy of issue #1 a few weeks back but have not posted until now.

1. I agree with one of the posters above; the heavy envelope that the magazine came in was great. The extra protection is a nice addition.

2. The heavy paper used for the cover (as well as the pages inside) was a pleasant surprise. I have an issue of the Fine Scale Modeler magazine and the material used for it seems to be thinner, and therefore, more prone to damage.

3. The images (in both the articles and advertisements) were crisp and clear.

4. The graphics and colors (long live the orange toque!) were consistent and crisp as well.

5. The selected subjects covered many different areas (more armor, but I am guessing that is a more popular category perhaps?). The "Burden of Sorrow" diorama was an incredible piece for your first issue, well done!

6. I think most importantly, as a beginner, I was able to learn something from the articles.

I look forward to the next issue! ;D

Thank you both very much for your insight and support.

It means a lot to know we've done a decent job.

Thanks again guys. Sincerely.

Great news!! Thanks to some eBay sales I was able to pay for a year subscription from Issue 2 on :)

795e715a-b3c8-4bd8-9f9c-27f7cc6e83a9_zpse28666db.jpg

The Tiger was weathered with artists oils and chalk pastels and acrylic paints only, so I hope it will be received well by those who prefer 'old school' tools. There will be a large, in depth article describing these older methods in great detail.

This is a peek at the model

(although not 100% complete) ;)

facetube2_zpsd5fe3c1c.jpg

Cool , Rockin it Old Skool Ken ;D Nice Tiggy .

Chris.

Just wanted to thank the Team for producing a fantastic mag. Just received my first one
today and skimmed thru it a couple of times before dinner. Guys u definately have another
subscriber in myself.

Thanks to all in the SMA magazine frontlines and those who contribute there time and
knowleadge 8)

Latest posts

Back