SMA MAGAZINE ANNOUNCEMENT

I can't wait for this new mag I hope chapters one of the largest bookstores here in Canada orders it.

arohk said:
I can't wait for this new mag I hope chapters one of the largest bookstores here in Canada orders it.

I don't know if they will, but if nothing else, Elm City Hobbies will be carrying it!!

Elm City Hobbies said:
arohk said:

I don't know if they will, but if nothing else, Elm City Hobbies will be carrying it!!

Scott, How much would a issue be mailed to Pennsylvania, USA :eek: LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA (being sarcastic) ;D

hooterville75 said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
arohk said:

Scott, How much would a issue be mailed to Pennsylvania, USA :eek: LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA (being sarcastic) ;D

Laugh all you want, I ship quite a few magazines to customers all over North America.

I am not sure if Scott and Ken plan on a different US issue price vs CDN issue price or not, but I assume if there is, that it would be pretty close in price.

As far as shipping, that really comes down to how heavy the magazine is. I would assume it will be in the neighborhood of the AK Weathering magazine, in which case I can ship it anywhere in Canada for $4.34 and anywhere in the US (Including Alaska and Hawaii) for $7.40

hooterville75 said:
Scott, How much would a issue be mailed to Pennsylvania, USA

If you subscribe (or buy per issue) from the website, the magazine will be shipped to you right from the east coast.

I was being sarcastic my friend ha ha ha. Ill stick to the digital copy. How many 1 oz bottles with the yorker caps can you ship in a single package under 2.0 lbs ? What is the cost per bottle and the shipping ? I need some of those ;D

Elm City Hobbies said:
arohk said:

Well at least I will know where to get a copy then :) plus I now have another place to get models from to cool have your store bookmarked

Scott Girvan said:
I was interviewed by The Plastic Scale Modeling Hour radio/podcast.

Listening to it now and it's great. Lots of thoughtful commentary.

Great interview Scott ,made a lot of sense :) 'Mechanically inclined as a pillow ' ;D ....Priceless ;D quote of the month lol .
Thanks for the mention too ;D ;D

Chris.

Flew from Boston to San Francisco yesterday and on the plane I wished I'd had a copy of the magazine!

Thanks guys. It was 'interesting' for sure. Was a bit nervous at first, going on record and all.

We go to press within a couple of weeks.

Watch for a pre-sale opportunity very soon.

Can't wait! Do you know if Ken will have a few at BayCon in a few weeks? I'd love to check out the first issue as well.

Scott made two good points that I fully agree with. The first, I am glad to hear that advertising will be minimal. I generally don't buy magazines. When I go in a hobby shop, pic up a magazine and see there is basically like three articles and the rest is ads I feel I am not getting my money's worth. The second is I also like a paper magazine. I don't have an E-reader/Ipad etc.. And it is handy to have a magazine to look at in bed or take with you wherever. Personally I don't need another excuse to sit in front of the computer. And Scott, you are truely an addict. But that's okay, we are here for you. ;D

I also like the fact that mistakes will be incorporated into some of the articles. I have never felt comfortable with the way it seems some people in this hobby holds the well known builders in the same light as a celebrity or something. We are all humans and we all make mistakes. Showing mistakes allows others to see that this is normal and that no builder, regardless of skill level, is some sort of modeling god that builds perfection from every kit they open. Showing how others overcome their goofs is very helpful and telling.

So it sounds to me that this magazine will be not your regular magazine which is a good thing. I can see this is going to be a hit. :)

Latest posts

Back