Would you prefer SMA Magazine to change to perfect bound?

Would you prefer SMA Magazine to change to perfect bound?

• Yes, I prefer that style of magazine

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • No, keep it stapled the way it is

Votes: 32 86.5%

• Total voters

Junkie

4651.jpg

SMA Magazine is currently saddle stitched; stapled.

We have an option at the printer the change to perfect bound.

Which do you prefer?

Mainly the look of it. That and you have the spine to put the name, issue # etc...

Yeah, kicks it up a notch in presence. I guess my worry would be folding flat, which is does now very well.

Well my vote is for keeping it the way it is, easier to flatten it out with out murdering the spine.

I agree with the others - easier to flatten out when using an article for guidance without destroying the mag.

Either binding method works [for me]. I would say it depends on the cost.... if one method is less expensive, utilize that method.

billwell said:
Either binding method works [for me]. I would say it depends on the cost.... if one method is less expensive, utilize that method.

Yeah, that is what I meant to say. If it cost SMA more for perfect bound, I'd say save the money and use it to help the mag grow.

I voted to keep it the way it is, it would be nice to have the issue no etc down the side but I like the way it is now.

I say keep it as is. While that perfect binding looks nice, it wears out too quickly. Anyone with an FAQ book knows exactly what I mean.

I like perfect bound better for the looks, but Unrealty is right about stability.

I'd say perfect bound. I prefer flat spines lined up on the book shelf to saddle stitched spines or when they sit in a stack.

But it's an aesthetic choice for me. If people find the saddle stitch is more functional for them when they're following along with a tutorial…well, that might be the better choice.

I prefer the way it is now. It's a magazine, not a book. ;D

yes keep it the way it is, but that would be interesting to make a book that holds all three of the issues for this year

Latest posts

Back