First Impressions of the Magazine...

Definitely worth the money. Quality and photography are top notch. I was hoping for a few general tips and tricks or technique articles. I mean the build articles are cool, but that made up most of the magazine. Some model reviews would be cool too. But for a first addition, pat yourselves on the back. ;D

Thanks. We will not run reviews in the magazine. Reason being is that by the time a magazine goes to press the reviews have been all over the web, and old news.

As for tips, technique articles..I'm at a loss with your comment. IMO it's chalk full ot that kind of content. There's my column on scratch building which illustrates techniques, Todds column on rusting, which again is all technique, Ken's column on groundwork...plus within the articles the authors explain many individual tricks to achieve the desired result.

I'm really happy you enjoy it, and not trying to argue here...just pointing out that we paid close attention to ensure content did include specific step, by step tips, tricks and technique. To me the entire magazine is exactly that really.

Hey I just wanted to ask about the video available for subscribers. Is it out already?? If yes where can I find it?

We're a bit late getting that out. I'll have time to finish editing after the holidays.

Sorry for the delay.

Hey Scott that is no problem what so ever. I did ask the question as I tend to miss things that poke me in the eye and I was wondering if it's the same with this :)

my one arrived on friday and I have to say that it's a really good magazine!

Congratulations to you guys ;) ;) ;) Keep on that way and we will be pleased on every issue. 8)

I have to mention one negative point: the words on page 7 are a little bit fuzzy. But nothing bad! ;)

Page 7.... I know right? Not quite sure what happened there but I'll be bringing that to the attention of the press next time round.

OK, finally had a chance to read the magazine today.

All I can say is awesome guys! Great work.

Few minor things, one that not in your control, other than screaming at the publisher, and that is the blurry lettering on pg. 7, and again on the bottom of pg 2 of the KV article.

Only other critique I have, is the captions for the photos seem a little off, like they don't stand out enough. My suggestion (which you can take or leave), would be to instead italicize the photo captions, bold them instead. I think this would make them stand out more, and make them easier to read.

Like I said...minor nit piks, and otherwise a great magazines, one of the best.

Oh....one other nit pik.....now I have to wait for Issue 2!

mine was shipped the other day so now ill prob have it in the new year looking forward to it :)

well i have no doubt, we have lots of good mags over this side of the pond so we will see how good it is. but I do know its going to be epic. less adds is always good.

the one thing that pees me off about the preview on the ipad of the tamiya mag is is the first few pages are adds and they show you the first few pages, it don't get me buying it on there unless ive seen it in hand first. so i have no doubt i will get a digital copy also so i have a backup :)

What a great Christmas pressie ;D ;D ;D Issue 1 arrived today (Christmas Eve ) I was like .... ;D ;D
Fantastic work all round ! I love the look, the layout ,the articles ,the feel ,the smell ... ;D Ok maybe not the smell so much ::) But seriously ,great top quality mag guys .I feel very privileged to be a part of it :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Chris.

Nice one Chris!! LOL...was showing the Dauntless off (among all the others) at the Christmas Party last night!!! Chalk up 15 more fans in the Spaulding Groupie List!!! ;)

Lol. So I got groupies now ;D ... Are they nice looking ;D

Hope yer having a great day mate ;)

Chris.

Got the Mag today Fairly Quick Post so that's pretty good. i wasn't expecting to see so many of the things ive seen here on the forums tough, But they are a good read and mag is just as good as what we have over this side of the pond but with less adds and that's good.

oh and My Panther looks Rater good :D

Top Work Ken and Scott

Yeah, I think I got mine on Friday, or Saturday!
I have been super busy lately, but the mag is top notch! I love it, and will love having all those technical hints and tips in one location! When I am following instructions and the like, I do much better when I am NOT trying to read it off a comp. monitor.
Thanx Scott and Ken, and everyone involved. This is AWESOME!!!!!

Latest posts

Back