Millennium Falcon (Ralph McQuarrie Concept Version)

Thanks Scott & java,

I've done some more tonight:

I know you guys made some nice comments with the radar dish but it looked too small to me compared to the painting, so it's being modified:

Rearagain.jpg
DockingringPS.jpg
cockpitfront.jpg
DockingRing2.jpg
DockingRing.jpg

Thanks again for looking
John

Thanks very much for the comments guys
Well I couldn't wait any longer and I put some paint on her......and my worst fear has happened, I don't like it, don't like my attempts at weathering etc, I actually prefer the ship with primer.

I'll post some photos later, don't even want to show it, I'm that disappointed about it

John

Thanks LrdSatyr8, don't know if you'll still say that when you see it painted, I'm still not happy with it but you should have seen it last night, I was panicking, I thought that was it....game over.

Did a bit tonight and I've covered most of the embarrassing parts (there is a bit of overspray...I can fix that)

PaintJob5.jpg
PaintJob4.jpg
Paintjob3.jpg
PaintJob2.jpg
PAINTJOB.jpg

Thanks for looking, please be critical
John

About the only real gripe I would have is that some of the chipping on the larger panels looks way over done.

But, that said, it's your model. Do as you wish with it

I hope I don't offend anybody but this is my favourite entry of the comp, just a real pleasure to look at for a Star Wars nut like me. Awesome. 8)

Wow, what a compliment John, I don't agree....all I see is the faults, but your comments do give me a boost, thanks mate.

I took your advice Q and toned down the flakey bits:

morepaint3.jpg
morepaint6.jpg
morepaint5.jpg
morepaint4.jpg
morepaint2.jpg
morepaint.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Thanks very much for the awesome comments :D

It really does mean a lot

Grendels & Quaralane, I dont think I'll finish it on time unless its only photoed from the angles of the McQuarrie paintings,

I should be able to get the landing gear done in
I called into The Modellers Nook today (talked to Chris Spalding) to see if I could find a kit I could bash for the lasers,
bought this little kit, plenty of guns in this one:
110067-11611.jpg

I finished off the dish and made a new turret, all gun parts for turret can be duplicated for lower laser:
turretampdish.jpg

A mate pointed out to me that a red area on my ship clearly isn't red on the Ralph McQ painting, so I changed that small part to grey:
colourchange.jpg

Thanks again for looking

John

Latest posts

Back