RTX-65 Guntank early version

Watched your YouTube vid on this .

I was intrigued by it when I saw it @ HLJ - seemingly for the same reasons as you .
It's much more serious looking .

looking forward to more !

Should be a good build, John
Definitely agree with your concern about the treads, though

seems like there's no reason not to finish this one!!!

Go for it, John!!!

noc5659 said:
Are u planning on lighting this one? Or are u going for a straight build.

I am going to take a look at it this weekend and see if I can do any lighting. This thing is kind of small. So it might be hard to do too much with it. I want to add some lights we will see

Patrick: I took a look at the treads when I had a spare moment, There are two sets on each side, not one large tread. So there is no seam to worry about.

I could fix them to one tread if I felt like it, they do line up very well.

And Eastrock I will finish this one, I pick this model for fun and I might go a bit crazy with it.....

I came across this kit couple of times in the shops and had huge urge to get it. So I will be watching closely your build :D

I did some work on it last night, no photos as of yet, but I will not be lighting this model. It can be done, but I would lose the mobility of the joints and I don't really want to do that.

I did shoot some video and photos, update later in the week when work calms down a bit.

Eastrock:

Work is my priority until May 10th or so, but I will have a few updates in that time. Here is the first one, just an evaluation of the model for lighting and a possible diorama:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4CLcIsn4dk[/youtube]

I am not going to light it up, instead I will keep the mobility that the model offers.

The next update is a build update with photos.

Biskup said:
More, more, more. I want more of this tank :)

Sorry for the delay, I have been having MAJOR computer problems. Just about got them all sorted out tonight, so in a few days when I am all caught up with everything I will get the next video up. He is almost ready for primer.

As promised:

Youtube:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/hisPP5o_37c[/youtube]
Main guns:
DSC00131.jpg
Lower tank body:

DSC00133.jpgDSC00134.jpgDSC00135.jpgDSC00137.jpgDSC00138.jpg

This is the only seam I have found that needs fillingDSC00139.jpg
The tank that goes on the back
DSC00140.jpg

It's going along nicely. The kit might not be perect but it aint a new kit also. Still from what you are showing I only like it more and more :)

So far, the only major challenge is the upper hull. The seam at the neck was suspose to go away, and didn't. And they way part of the hull goes together leaves some large gaps. But other than that, it has been a nice kit to work with.

Latest posts

Back