Millennium Falcon (Ralph McQuarrie Concept Version)

Sorry guys, I was trying to get to grips with adding albums to imageshack & I ended up deleting a few photos, so I've re-uploaded them....

The dated images on the first post:

Revell2.jpg
Revell.jpg

Work started:
Cleanhull.jpg
CleanHull2.jpg

The Clean hull:
stripped.jpg
top.jpg
cut-out.jpg

The current images.....Underside now clean:
under.jpg

The upper Docking arms removed & gaps supported:
frame.jpg

The Engine deck hull drawn on:
drawing.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Album:
http://s1119.beta.photobucket.com/user/jaiteastu/library/111/RMcQ%20Falcon

Coming together nicely. I just edited your posts, noted that the pics are here. All good.

Thanks Scott, imageshack is a bit fiddly so I've migrated to photobucket, it seems to work easier :D

Thanks John & Nick, the ship will hopefully look a bit different that what we're used to

John

I dont really know much about this stuff mate , but looks like its coming on nice :)

Chris.

Chris S said:
I dont really know much about this stuff mate , but looks like its coming on nice :)

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I hope I know what I'm doing, the cockpit will be the real test on the dimensions

Igard said:
Fascinating concept J! Excellent start.
ModelMakerMike said:
YAY such a kewl concept!
;D

Thanks Iain & Mike, I think R McQ's designs are amazing, I've seen models made of his concepts, Vaders mask, X/Y wings etc, but not the Falcon

JohnSimmons said:
That's really shaping up mate!

I'm glad to be adding details to the ship John.....too smooth for my liking

nicholassagan said:
cool beans!! keep it up!!!

I can't keep away from it Nic, I really should get back to the MPC mod!

I bought an Airfix 1/72 Seaking to use it's cockpit etc (loads of nice details) & a Revell 1/72 Merkava Mk III for greebles

Heres some photos of it with 'bits stuck on': ;D

deck2.jpg
deck1.jpg
top-1.jpg
rear.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

On the last pic it so much looks like what we see on the drawings. Already. This build is turning more and more awesome as it goes. Thumbs up!!

looking great mate

id never heard of Ralph McQuarrie before so i googled him and i can see why youve gone down this route, his illustrations are amazing. thanks for broadening my horizons!

Solander said:
On the last pic it so much looks like what we see on the drawings. Already. This build is turning more and more awesome as it goes. Thumbs up!!
Leighbo said:
looking great mate

id never heard of Ralph McQuarrie before so i googled him and i can see why youve gone down this route, his illustrations are amazing. thanks for broadening my horizons!

Thanks Solander & Leighbo, there is something that gives me a nostalgic feeling when I see those paintings by Ralph McQuarrie

JohnSimmons said:
Your ability to catch pictures in 3d is quite amazing John

Wow that is a compliment matesy, thanks (you might not be saying that when this goes tits-up)

Thanks Grendels, Igard & Quaralane, I can't put this one down

Tanker52 said:
This is going to be astronomical build...like the design of the ship.

Thanks Tanker52, hopefully I can make the dimensions match

Just a small update, I had to cut off the top jaw (& will have to do the same for the lower) as it widened too much at the turret, it was also too long.

I've modified the mandibles in the top half of the ship (will follow up with the lower half also)

Ive also made the walkway to the cockpit:

nojaw2.jpg
nojaw.jpg

John

Looks like a lot of work John !!! ,looking good tho :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back