Millennium Falcon (Ralph McQuarrie Concept Version)

Thankyou very much guys, the masking tape thing came to me when I was making the docking tubes for the MPC Falcon, it makes things a bit easier.

John

An update....I spent a few nights making a docking ring over & over, eventually I was happy with the details on it, last night I realised I'd made it too small. This is it resized but with no detailing:

side.jpg
sideback.jpg
high2.jpg
high.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Definitely interesting to watch this progress.
Doesn'yt look a lot like the Falcon that we've grown up with, but should look really good when you're done

Thumbs up!
And I'd second John - a close-up on the docking ring would be very cool, since I've always loved the look of this part of the ship on the concepts, and it looks like You've done them just perfectly.

Quaralane said:
Definitely interesting to watch this progress.
Doesn'yt look a lot like the Falcon that we've grown up with, but should look really good when you're done
Thanks Q, Yes hopefully I'll be able to tie this thing together, she does look a lot different to the Falcon that we are used to (& I'll try not to stray too much from RMcQ's design)

nicholassagan said:
man this is shaping up nicely!!!

Thanks Nicholas....the daunting part is the underside

Scott Girvan said:
Looks great man.
Grendels said:
Looking very nice!

Thanks Scott & Grendels

JohnSimmons said:
Love the docking rings, close up please!
Solander said:
Thumbs up!
And I'd second John - a close-up on the docking ring would be very cool, since I've always loved the look of this part of the ship on the concepts, and it looks like You've done them just perfectly.

Ummmm, the docking rings....well I spent a bit of time making them.....re-making them....then was happy with the details, slept on it,.....the next day I realised I'd made the diameter of the rings waaaay too small,....so I built them out to what I recon is about the right diameter........then I left it (only done one) and moved onto other areas.....this image shows the abandoned corrected diameter ring:

Dockingrings.jpg

The darker grey ring under the outer whiter one was the original outer diameter.

Some photos.....I bought some lights

Newlights6.jpg
Newlights5.jpg
Newlights4.jpg
newlights3.jpg
newlights2.jpg
Newlights.jpg

Thats me for now, still the mandible panelling to work out, then onto the cockpit

Thanks for looking

John

It is a beautiful ship!
What kind of finish are ya gonna give her? I think some of McQuarrie's paintings show her with a metallic surface.
;) ;D ;D ;D

Very impressed with this build. I just re-read the thread. That rear deck is fantastic man. I love how it looks.

ModelMakerMike said:
It is a beautiful ship!
What kind of finish are ya gonna give her? I think some of McQuarrie's paintings show her with a metallic surface.
;) ;D ;D ;D
Yeah the McQuarrie paintings have a sheen to them, I'll do my best to replicate that

nicholassagan said:
It's.....just....so.....Ralph!!
Thanks Nich

Scott Girvan said:
Very impressed with this build. I just re-read the thread. That rear deck is fantastic man. I love how it looks.

Thanks Scott, it's very tempting just to keep on adding greebles, I might have already added too much

Quaralane said:
Definitely loving this build
Thanks Quaralane

Grendels said:
Very nice and clean work.
Thanks Grendels

JohnSimmons said:
I'm glad the iPad is wipe clean because I just drooled all over it.
Ha, that makes a change, it's me always drooling over your work matesy!!

On with the work, pressure is on......halfway through April!!

Been working on the mandible details:

Mandible1.jpg
Mandibles.jpg

Then switched to scratching the Cockpit:
cockpit1.jpg
cockpit2.jpg

The cockpit taped on:
WithCockpit.jpg
wthcockpit2.jpg

Going to have to get a move on, really want to get this done to get back to the MPC Falcon

Thanks very much for looking

John

Latest posts

Back